Telecheck Services - Houston / Fraud

5251 WestheimerHouston, United States
Phone: 888-263-4935
My wife received 2 letters from Telecheck about how she owed money. It said the merchant was Amazon, showed the amount and the transaction date.
At first, we ignored it. We had never not paid Amazon anything, and it's not by checks.
However after 3 straights days of calling., I finally tried to call the number back(They asked for my wife, when I said not here, can I help, they would hang up on "No", or in the middle of me talking. Obviously they don't really care.
So, I call back, and the number barely works. The first time, I want to inquire about it, so it rambles on, look at our website, and then nothing. The 2nd time, I go ahead & figure it's a small amount, so I'll just pay. It hangs up when you select credit card.. it did that to me 2 different times. And that's not including the times where the automated system didn't even kick in.
Now here's the thing. The amount was correct, but the date of transaction was off by a little bit. I just figured that's how long it took until they got it. Maybe Amazon did a quick turnaround(had read they do).
Not being able to get ahold of TeleCheck, I call Amazon directly. That took a few however, the lady I spoke with told me that the amount had been paid. We owed no money. So Telecheck was trying to say we owed them money because we didn't pay Amazon, and yet Amazon clearly shows we paid them. If their phone system had been working, we would have been scammed out of money by a fradulent company. If you receive anything from them, always check with the merchant first.
Ch