TCF Bank / NSF charges After TCF tok money out
Tcf Bank just pulled a pretty awful maneuver on me. They took all the money out of my checking account ($187) to cover a business account of my father which was overdrawn and apparently has my name on it (even though I never signed anything or knew about it) and then charged me $105 dollars worth of fees to cover about $25 dollars in purchases that I made while I still thought I had money in my account and transferred in $150 to replace the money they had taken away.
I called customer service and spoke to two different people, where it was explained that even thought i still had money in my account their new policy after april 1st. was to withhold money for charges that had not gone through yet as though the funds were not available. They then offered to take half the amount off the fees.
So they took money from my account without notifying me, then charged me $105 for $25 dollars in NSF charges even though there was about $40 in my account. They then reduce the charges by half to $50 and act as though they're doing me a favor?
I am tired of all the hassle that has come with my TCF bank account. I always feel like money is being extorted from me when they charge $35 so that I could have the luxury of over drafting my account for a cup of coffee but swiping all the money from my account and then charging for NSF charges?
I am going to close my account this weekend, and i advise you never to open one. Get a respectable small bank, and save yourself some grief and some money.
More TCF Bank Complaints & Reviews
- TCF Bank - TCF takes advantage of their customers! 
- TCF Bank - Hold on cash deposit 
- TCF Bank - Worst customer service ever 
- TCF Bank - TCF to pay in class-action 
- TCF Bank - Fraud and Customer Service 
- TCF Bank / TCF Financial Corporation - tcf bank closed my account with no notifications
- TCF Bank - poor management of my checking account
- TCF Bank - mortgage balloon, mortgage modification
- TCF Bank - checking and savings account.
- TCF Bank - Automated directory service