Tampa Electric / Additional Deposit

1 FL, United States Review updated:

I have $175 in deposit currently and just received a "Deposit Final Notice" for $365. I never received any ither notice or any explaination of why I am being forced to put an additional deposit down. My bill only runs $150-$200 per month. If I am more than 15 days late they will shut me off so why do they need to have nearly 3 months worth of deposit on hand. In this economy they are holding people hostage because if I don't give it to them they will turn off my electric! THAT'S JUST WRONG!

Comments

• My
      1st of Sep, 2009

They don't care. My husband has cancer-it is 95 degrees and they want a random deposit of $405.00 which needs to be paid or they will disconnect my service. They wont take payments and a supervisor offered no help. My power has never been turned off and I have had service with them for 15 years. Yes I have been late a few times, but obviously times are tough for me and everyone else. Why are they hitting us for more money now when everyone is struggling?? We will need to sit here in the dark and in the heat until it can be paid. My guess is that will take a few weeks to scrape that extra money together. What do I do about my refrigerator and freezer etc?? I hope it makes them a bigger and better company at the end of the day to know the effect that they are having on the community.