Swift Transportation / scam and cheating

1 2200 South 75th AvePhoenix, AZ, United States Review updated:

After being OTR for a month I went on hometime for my son's graduation. During this time the tractor I was assigned was taken out of service and sold I was told this by DM Vic Quintana, and TM Chris Ryan of the Albuquerque, NM Swift terminal. It was not until June 6, 2008 that I was called and told they had a tractor ready completely serviced, ready to go by my Driver Manager. I drove 178 miles to Albuquerque to go to work as I live in Northern Arizona. I was assigned truck #590094 a Kenworth model.

Approaching this tractor with my DM I noticed all rear 8 tires were close to being, if not, D.O.T. illegal. I was handed a sign off sheet that was made out before we both walked to the vehicle and the DM said sign off on the paper so He could get back to what he had to do. I got in, started the vehicle turned it off and loaded my personal belongings into it I noticed the weigh station pre-pass laying on the dash, DM did not know if it was activated. the Qualcomm had a large scratch across the face of it making it hard to read certain areas and came unplugged as the back-plate was missing.

Next I go to start the tractor and its completely dead with charging light on. I red tagged this vehicle to go in the shop as I decided after my pre-trip inspection this truck was not road ready. I received a letter of dismissal towards the end of June 2008 stating dissatisfied with job. All my phone calls were ignored by DM and TM, and now I am left wondering why Swift's motto is 'Safety First'...?

Va

Comments

• Da
      20th of Oct, 2010

The worst thing is that SWIFT will never pay you from address to a address miles that you drove, They pay air miles or zipcode to zipcode my last trip from city near Chicago, IL to Meliwkee, WI it was 100 miles they pay me 50 miles when I talked to my DM he said sorry 10% is normal for Swift but when you going to large cities expact 50% off your actual miles.

AM I DRIVING AIRPLANE or WHAT?????