Swarovski / crystalline oval white watch

1 United Kingdom

My partner brought me a 'Crystalline Oval White Watch' for Christmas, we got a gift receipt which the women said we had till the end of January to bring back the watch. On Saturday the 16th of January I took my watch back to the shop because after only using it a few times, the white from the strap has started to come off. This is totally unacceptable! I do not expect to pay all that money for a watch and only having it a few weeks it starts to come off and to be told its costume jewellery and I shouldn't wear it all the time! I was not told my watch would be costume jewellery when I brought it!! When we went to the shop the lady was totally unhelpful, she was basically telling me it was my fault and that I wear black clothes so this was going to happen. She then went on to tell me that she couldn’t give me my money back because it has been worn, I thought this was disgraceful, after it not being any fault of my own that the watch strap had started to peel/ come off. She then went on to tell me I could do a swap/exchange my old watch for a new black one, she let me put it on and even suggested that I can keep it on as I was going to swap it, for her to tell me I had to pay another £49.00 to do this. I told her no way was I going to pay more money for an item I didn’t even want and as I was bring it back at no fault of my own.in doing this she told me she would contact someone straight away and ask them if she can give me a refund, so that on Monday I would have an email/ phone call saying what was going to happen. She didn’t even take any of my details, I then had to after leaving the shop go back in and give the boy my phone number. On this day Tuesday 19th of January I still have NOT heard from anyone.

Re