Susan B. Wagner, Psychotherapist / Incompetent Therapist

1 Newfane, VTNewfane, VT, United States Review updated:
Phone: (802) 365-9115

Susan B. Wagner of Newfane, VT is a horrendous psychotherapist who has an agenda to split up families whether anyone is guilty of anything or not. She has a "rescue" mentality. She presents parents' minor shortcomings in a distorted fashion in the effort to deliver children over to state foster care. Don't trust your children with this incompetent counselor!

Ka

Comments

• Ka
      23rd of Aug, 2009

How do you explain to people the horror and devastation of such an attack on your person? You never get over it. The "bad records" that this perpetrator created followed us around for years, and we were regarded degradingly by many people. I was endlessly sniped and snarled at as the epitome of an evil mother, when I had done nothing to deserve it.

27th of Aug, 2009

I will never, ever give up complaining until this woman losed her license to practice.

29th of Aug, 2009

Hi Nonniemouse,

Thank you for telling me this. I have complained to quite a few people over the years, and nobody has ever told me anything that I could formally do for this. They more or less tell me to shut up and stop "blaming." With one breath they tell me that she is incompetent, with the next they endeavor to get it covered up to protect their colleague and keep the public from finding out.

27th of Jan, 2010

Susan B. Wagner did more damage to my son than I ever could have imagined. When he was a growing boy, she convinced him (gradual conditioning over a period of years) that he came from a "dysfunctional" family and she was going to try to rescue him into CPS and foster care. She did not succeed-- not until he was 15 years old and restlessly bored with his life. Then he started complaining and having "memories" of of child abuse that never even happened. He was RESCUED but abuse could never be proved in court, so he was adjudicated OUT OF CONTROL CHILD and placed into foster care anyway.

Today that son is 18 and out there with with alcohol and drug problems, relates lurid tales of child abuse to anyone who will listen anymore, and has nothing to do with his family. He will not be graduated from High School this spring with the rest of his class because he gets drunk instead of studying. He has no prospects and will not cooperate with any kind of program. He acts all confused about why the professionals no longer believe that he was abused, since it was professionals who talked him into being an abuse victm in the first place.

My husband and I have always been teetotalers, never had alcohol or drugs or tobacco anywhere near us. We taught our children to obey and honor the law, that any illegal substance is always wrong. Even at 15 my son showed no desire to drink, drug, or smoke. Now he does all three.

Everybody appears to be immune from any kind of responsibility for a teen who until very recently had no trouble with the law. Susan B. Wagner, the worst perpetrator, doesn't appear to have the least accoutability for what she has done.

28th of Jan, 2010

This is Susan B. Wagner of Newfane, VT--practicing Psychoterrorist. I'm working on getting a photo of her. Everyone with children, please be warned.

12th of Feb, 2010

I hope that my complaints against Susan B. Wagner--Newfane, VT get copied and pasted all over the internet and beyond. I am trying to get a photo of her to put online.

• 1d
      8th of Apr, 2011

I totally agree, some therapist in Vermont are very harmful to their clients. I've had a male therapist in Burlington, VT who said the therapy was about his reality also and took advantage of me when I was very vulnerable . He was very unethical . Where do you go to complain, does the state of Vermont really care or exploit you all over again.

13th of Apr, 2011

Donna,

They say to write to your state licensing board for psychotherapists. I haven't done that because the word on the street is that they don't much care (maybe I should have). I think it may be far more effective as far as reputation is concerned to blast it all out online, but cover your tracks so they don't try to find you and attempt to sue you. One of the best places to complain online besides Complaints Board is [redacted]. They have an excellent reputation for not giving out anyone's information. /link removed/

• 1d
      7th of Jul, 2011

Karleen,
    I wonder if the Vt. Office of Professional Regulation Board would be fair or more likely to side with the therapist.
    After reviewing the 'Conduct Decisions' website doesn't seem likely that many complaints are taken seriously. I don't know...
    Best wishes to you, so sorry what happen to you.

11th of Oct, 2011

Just about everybody in Vermont seems to be on the sie of therapists, social workers, case managers, etc. They act like mental health professionals are God. My son is now 20 years old and even worse off than he ever was. Nobody ever takes any responsibility for outcome, they merely fingerpoint the family and say that they are deficient in some way. I thought we were a pretty good family! NO drinking, no smoking or drugs, no abuse or neglect, we taught them good moral values, we loved them and brought them gifts. They seem to be set up to bust up families, turning everybody against each other for minor problems that every one has anyway.

11th of Oct, 2011

In my family's case, Susan B. Wagner's incompetence was only the starting point of trouble. The therapists and social workers here tend to band together and stick up for each other and railroad against the client. On the rare occasion that they admit that someone is incompetent, they do not do any thing about it. They don't advocate for the maltreated client; they don't want to get involved, don't want to be dragged into court, etc. They want you to just forget about it. You have to be able to afford an excellent, top-notch lawyer to get anywhere.

• Ni
      11th of Oct, 2011

Sorry about what happened. That is really sad. I would pursue making a formal complaint.

• La
      29th of Feb, 2012

My name is Howard, and I am researching the major complaints regarding Traditional Psychotherapy. I am a non-clinical therapist who sought therapy when I was a kid, and at the end of our sessions I left just as empty as when I came in... having to look forward to the following week which brought about the same experience.

It seems very few actually appreciate traditional psychotherapy, and for the rest (who actually want to make changes) they're left still seeking support.

I would appreciate any feedback about your experiences in therapy - whether personally, for marriage, or family. I can take away from the posts above that Karleen's experience was negative, and I would like to know what specifically. In turn, I can offer you a complimentary 60 minute session if you're interested.

I'm unsure of the rules to share information so you can email me at (Info)at my name HowardCramptonJr dot com or Google my name as well.

Best,
    Howard

21st of Aug, 2012

I think "Traditional Psychotherapy" is nothing more than a FAULT finding BLAMING, pill pushing, money making scam, and that s been my experience.
    Nomorediscrimination