SuperPages.com / Billing termination!

I was contacted by a Superpages.com salesman who lead me to believe that I could try Superpages for three months for the $15 per month I had been paying for a Yellow page listing. If I was not satisfied I could discontinue the service. If I wanted to keep the service it would cost $111.00 per month. He told me there was no contractual obligation. I subsequently found out that SuperPages expected a one year commitment and has been billing me. They have refused to terminate the billing. I have written the Chairman of Verizon twice and the matter has not been resolved to my satisfaction. I am now getting letters from a collection agency. I feel as a matter of principle deceptive sales practices should be exposed and corrected. If there are other people who have had a similar experience with Superpages maybe we can collectively get SuperPages to reform their sales practices.

Comments

Yo
  2nd of Aug, 2007

This company withdraw $49.95 out of checking account without my permission and I have done things they told to do to get my refund and its been a week and its still not refunded back to my account!

Beware!

Ka
  4th of Aug, 2007

I also had $54.95 pulled from my checking account.I have never spoken to anyone from SUPERPAGES.COM. How did you get the account info on all of the above as well as myself.I will be filing a legal action against this company as well as with the BBB and the FTC as well as the Credit Bureaus for fraudulent transactions on behalf of myself and the above listed complaints.

Je
  7th of Sep, 2007

I canceled my advertising campaign with version super pages back in November of 2006 and now some other company bought them out and is trying to collect over $500.00 for past due billing for the year of 2007! I closed my account with superpages and discontinued my credit card payments.

Now I get collection calls for this BS balance and the rep said I have to show proof that I canceled my account via a written letter, witch I was never asked me to do in the first place.

This is just a big scam to try and get money from companies that closed their accounts with version and the new company is reopening them to try and force collections for services they never provided.

Jo
  21st of Sep, 2007

The Telemarketors call my business everso often. They are trying to get me to agree to there services. When they call you they try to get you to answer "Yes" to questions. I assume so they can say you said "YES" to there services and "YES" to charging you. I have had 2 differnent telemarketors use this tactic to part me from my hard "EARNED MONEY" Telemarketors go get a "REAL JOB"

Bo
  28th of Feb, 2008

Never give our your debt card. Make a formal complaint to your bank or credit card company. File a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, then they will listen and make the right changes.

Re
  7th of Mar, 2008

Overpromised underdelivered. Clent baker promised top contact me and waited two months with strill no resolution

An
  27th of May, 2008

contact and file an official complaint with the better business bureau and the state attorney general, your state and the state of texas. you will get justice.

Mu
  18th of Aug, 2008

I agree with you about "Super pages Fraudulent business practices. About three month ago I have received a call from Superpages/Ideac Rep. He advised me to do some changes to my existing traffics click. The next thing I know my bill jumped from average of $50-124 (in which almost ZERO calls received from online add) to $380.00.

I have called there "I Care" and expressed my concerns, but no refund of stolen money as of yet.

From my 15 year experience in my service business Ideac/Superpages is by far the worst advertizing choice.

I believe that they should be reported to authorities.

Su
  7th of Oct, 2008

call the betterbusiness bureau and go online to the state attorney general

Ja
  15th of Oct, 2008

Hello...we are a professional group of scientists and engineers, offering specific services for a specified area in the country.

Superpages.com, formerly owned by Verizon, claims we have had, over the last few months since we signed up, 1000s of "clicks". YET WE HAVE NOT RECEIVED ONE CALL! NOT ONE!! WATCH OUT. DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY. OUT OF TWO INQUIRIES, WE USUALLY GET ONE JOB, BECAUSE OUR SERVICES ARE SPECIALIZED. But from Superpages.com...NOTHING!!!

NOW, I'VE CLOSED THE ACCOUNT, BUT THEY STILL CHARGE ME A MONTHLY FEE!!!

Take my advise, DON'T SIGN UP WITH THESE PEOPLE.

Jack Akin, MS, PE, BioScape Technologies

Di
  27th of Apr, 2009

For what it is worth - Idearc is now in bankruptcy.

Superpages was a scam and they ripped me off as well.

Ma
  9th of May, 2009

I've been a superpages customer for a few years and in the beginning it was ok. I believe it was in 2005 when I started using them. Then for a couple of years I didn't check on them and had been paying until 2009 when after using TraceMyIP.org to track the source of where the clicks are coming from. The reason I started using TraceMyIP.org is because I was not receiving the calls from customers who'd use superpages. We ask every customer where they found us, and we didn't hear "superpages" in their answer. So I started a little investigation.
I found that superpages is now a fraud. Through third party website, they drive untargeted WHERE the links we pay for are embedded without indication of where those links lead to!!! Now that's the fraud. People looking for pharmacy drugs click on photography services links from superpages! How about that!

Dm
  4th of Jun, 2009

I foolishly signed a contract with Superpages for a year of advertising for my New York office-cleaning business's website.
I capped the amount I might spend per month at $300, but they led me to believe that it was unlikely I would ever actually pay that much, and if I did, it would only be because I was receiving a huge volume of clicks. (And tons of calls and business.)
Over the entire year, I have NEVER ONCE GOTTEN A CUSTOMER OR EVEN A CALL FROM SOMEONE WHO GOT TO ME THROUGH SUPERPAGES, and yet they have charged me either $298 OR $299 EACH AND EVERY MONTH!!!
I believe Superpages was an out and out scam.
PLEASE, someone with a lot more legal savvy than me go out and start a class-action suit against these ###.
CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT!! CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT!! LET'S GO!!!

Ml
  3rd of Jul, 2009

Yeah, the clicks generated by superpages all come from "partner sites" with obscure domains like alltruelocallistingz.com and many other ones, hosted on the same server, with the same IP and hidden behind a proxy. That is FRAUD, because they automate their clicks, use scripts to "click" on your link and charge you. We are really looking into filing a class action lawsuit for fraudulent services.

Ml
  4th of Aug, 2009

In response to Idearc comment:

What's the point of writing you guys? We have been ignored so many times, wasted so much time and emails and just feel that we've been ripped off.

Honestly, what's next?

What can you do anyway? We're still getting those bills, I dialed the idearc phone numbers so many times and talked to so many people who don't care about our situation anyway. We get phone calls from collecting agencies and we told them to stop bugging us, we are not paying for fraudulent services. Period.

A co-worker was forced to say "yes" over the phone and gave the sales guy the company credit card number. Big mistake. It is like selling your soul to the devil. If you try to cancel, even if it two days after the phone call, the sales rep will tell you then, that you agreed to EVERYTHING he said on the phone and they have your voice recorded with the agreement and it is a contract. He then asks a non-existant manager to cancel the account, and no one does anything. Erik deChatonnayree was our sales rep. He sounds very nice over the phone, will give yout this sad story about how awful things are going on with his life, and at the end, he does nothing and lies all the time. Will never commit to anything, will never cancel the account, the people I talked to have no last names, if you ask them they simply tell you "My name is Cheryl" and if you ask for their last name and what they do in the company, they refuse to answer.

And so on. Our salses rep promised to be in the top of google results, while your company has nothing to do with google. Those are lies, blatant lies. The superpages listing might be on the google results, but the sales rep will make you believe that "your site" will be in the top listings of google. That is a big lie, but that's not our biggest concern.

So, what can you really do? Cancel our account? Apologize? Take care of our situation? I talked to several people already and no one cares. Why should you do something different this time?

1st of Sep, 2009

I agree superpages are a rip off. I received call from some one called Jose Yumet. Pretending to work with a company and is looking for some one to handle all the work he has to offer. This was suppose to be a once in a life time opportunity and only a few people will be selected. Next thing I know I am in a superpages scam . Not one call, not one job. They have this thing called the Superpages guarantee. I don't understand what they are guaranteeing because it is to get any additional business for my company. Is there any laws against this bait and switch?

An
  12th of Oct, 2009

My dad is now getting scammed from them too. We sent a cancellation request during their 14-day trial peiod. They took my complaints to mean that they would get a second chance if they could fix something. When we sent a SECOND cancellation request they told us we were too late, outside of the trial period, and essentially SCREWED for the rest of the year. When the salesman originally called my father, he promised two phone calls per day; even by their own admission, he recieced 3 phone calls all month and they "may or may not be legitamate...while we monitor responder fraudulent ip addresses, we can not release those addresses nor can we guarantee illegitamate contact". WHAT?!?!?!?!?!? It's simple, someone calls me; if I pick up the phone and talk to a person, you can charge me. If one of your $8/hr. flunkies dials your "monitoring phone #" and then hangs up...THAT'S FRAUD, plain and simple!

Ba
  4th of Mar, 2010

I was sold a Pay per Click/SEO package and the rep told me that I could try it for 1 month and cancel if I wasn't happy. Well, I wasn't happy at all; and I canceled immediately a month later. Superpages continued to bill me for a $300 a month maintenance fee that I was never told about. Not to mention the rep that told me I could cancel, didn't cancel me and has since then been released. On top of all this I never received one single phone call for business and NOBODY maintained my account. This company is shady and unprofessional. DO NOT USE THEM EVER. The manager of the person that sold me the package is Crystal Johnson out of Atlanta, Ga. so everyone unhappy with this company should call her. 678.859.0998

Sa
  28th of Apr, 2010

I called superpages.com to Cancle as the contract that i recived in the mail was diffrent from that the sales person told me.i could not get anyone because of a billing error and the there was no phone lines open. so i left a message as they requested. i never recived a call back and after calling them again i was told i owe money and I cant cancle my account so the months passed and I was called many times. onec a person told me that i can cancle the account and that it was cancled. but now im getting calls from some other company demanding that i pay $800 dollars or they want a list of my assets. this verbal contract is an unfair way to scam people into contract with out the person untedstanding the contract untill they send it by mail. witch by the way took more then two weeks the supposed limit time to cancle. I agree class action lawsuit.

Dz
  10th of May, 2010

SCAM, SCAM, SCAM! It is absolutely useless to contact these people. I signed up for Superpages in Oct of 2009, was given a gauranteed number of clicks to my website. They have not held up their end of the bargain and I am still stuck paying $79 per month. I pleaded with them to cancel because my business is doing poorly, and the $79 per month would go a long way to help tie odds and ends...afterall, it's not doing anything for me through Superpages.

In fact, according to a conversation that I had with their representative, Jarrod Lindblom, they agree that I am not receiving the gauranteed amount of clicks, yet he said "there is nothing we can do". That is the most rediculous response I've ever received from anyone! OF COURSE THERE IS SOMETHING YOU CAN DO! Let me out of the contract! They admitted that they are not performing! Is there anything that can be done???