Super 8, Motel South Holland IL / misrepresentation of services provided

1 17225 Halsted, South Holland, IL, United States

I made reservations for 2 nights for 1/11 & 1/12 /19 for a double bed room. When we arrived the check in process was very slow. We were told that there were no more rooms on the first floor even though this hotel had 50 rooms on the first floor and there were only about 15 cars in the parking area. We agreed to take a room on the second floor. When we went to bring in luggage and hanging clothes we were told that there was no elevator which I have been told is illegal based on the handicapped law. Since it was late evening we decided to go ahead and take the room. When we got to room we noticed that although there was a closet for clothes there were no rods in the closet to hang our clothes. Also missing was the Microwave, Refrigerator, lighted dressing mirror, coffee / tea maker and the remote would not work for the TV. The night clerk said that they had just remodeled the hotel and that there were none of the items available except she did bring a different remote. The next day the manager brought us a refrigerator and Microwave. We were unable to use the second bed as we used it to place out hanging clothes on and had to sleep in the same bed and I got very little sleep as my wife uses a CPAP and it keeps me awake . Also the beds were very narrow and made sleep nearly impossible. The night clerk told me that she would leave a note to mgmt. and they would credit my account. This never happened .

Jo