Sunoco / unauthorized credit card charges

Exton, PA, United States

Dear Sunoco Customer Service,
In my short driving career, I have filled my gas tank at a Sunoco many of times and have been more than happy with the service. Upon seeing the gas light blink, it is comforting and a happy sight to see a Sunoco gas station. But unfortunately, I recently had an experience that makes me think twice about stopping at a Sunoco.
On Tuesday morning, October 3rd, 2017, I stopped for gas at a Sunoco on route 100 in Exton, PA. The gas pumps debit/credit card computer and keypad was noticeably outdated and worn down. With the sun glaring on the screen, it was hardly legible. But in need of gas and trust in Sunoco, I swiped my debit card and proceeded to fill my tank. When I was finished, I put the pump back and began on my way. Everything was great, until I checked my checking account. I was charged $43.22, which is impossible since I drive a Toyota Matrix with a 12 gallon tank. Gas was roughly $2.70 a gallon, $2.70x12 gallons = $32.40. I was not completely empty, so I believe I was charged $12-15 extra?
I have always been a loyal customer to Sunoco and have been happy every time I stopped during my busy weeks. But after this recent situation, I almost feel taken advantage of. I recommend the locations computer/keypads be updated so future issues are avoided. As for myself, is it possible to be refunded or credited?... I truly hope this can be resolved for myself and future customers. I understand this is just one slacking location and I thank you for all the positive experiences I have had at great locations over the years.
I appreciate your time and consideration and I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Best Regards,