Sun Communities / cheque. issued to us

Ra Mar 10, 2016 Review updated:

We are Canadians enjoying our winter in Palm Creek Golf and RV Park in
Casa Grande, US. This Park is one of your Sun Communities owned by your Company,
We have been coming here for 11to12 years.
A few weeks ago, we paid our deposit of $400 for a reservation for our site for next year. I did this with cash. A few weeks later, we had a notice from the Park that the required deposit now is only $250.
We went to the office to get back our $150 but were told seeing we paid cash that it had to go through head office of Sun communities and they would issue us a cheque. I asked to get cash back as we had given them cash. But no was our answer!
So we asked how long it would take to get this chq and we were told a few weeks. It was about 2 weeks when we received the $150 cheque. So we tried to cash the chq here at Palm Creek but they said no they do not cash chqs
As we said we gave cash We tried several banks in this area but we have no bank accounts in the US. So here we are with your chq of $150 and can't cash it anywhere?
Palm Creek in our opinion should have given us cash back!
We are very disappointed in the matter in this problem!!We have spread the word and people can't beleive how this is being handled.
Maybe something can be done at your end.Having second thoughts of coming back here. Hoping to hear from you

Yours truly
Richard&Rachel Vandenhouten
Palm Creek Golf &RV Resort
Casa Grande, Az
Site 305

Comments

• Di
      Aug 10, 2016

I sold my property at Campers Haven on 7/20/2016 and I'm STILL waiting for my check! I was told it would be FedEx overnight. The next day I was told MY check had to be mailed to Sun and go through an audit that would take up to 15 business days. It has been 15 business and still no check! It's a large sum of money which I could be getting interest on, instead Sun Communities is holding on to MY money. I have contact the attorney general and will continue to pursue this. A word of warning ... Do NOT rent or buy at ANY of the resorts Sun Communities owns. They have many, many complaints and now they are holding money that doesn't belong to them. Beware!!!