Summer Bay Resort Las Vegas / No availability upon arrival

1 Las Vegas, NV, United States

My husband and I and 2 friends arrived at Summer Bay Resorts in Las Vegas on a Friday night in October 2008 after a 6-hour flight from Philadelphia. When we checked in, we were told there was no 2-bedroom suite available. When we made the reservation in March, we had to change our choice of week from a Saturday to Saturday to a Friday to Friday period. That was the first change that was made to our vacation plans. So Summer Bay registration employees said we could go to another resort which was about a mile off the Las Vegas Strip, causing us to have to go through a check-in at the new resort. What happened there? They put us in a one-bedroom suite!! So we had to go back to the check-in and get our accommodations changed. This resort has no shuttle service, so we had to walk about 45 minutes to get to the Strip. My husband and I both have arthritis and this walk was no picnic for us. When we went back to the resort that night, we decided to take a taxi--cost--$10.00 plus tip for an approximate one-mile drive! At Summer Bay we had been told to call there every day after 11:00 to see if a 2-bedroom would become available--one never did. We are owners at Summer Bay Las Vegas. We chose it years ago because of its location. What a joke! What should have been a great week, turned out to be just so-so. And the worst thing was, our friends had never been to Las Vegas. What a greeting!

Gi