StubHub

Honest Seller Got Scammed By Buyer

StubHub
California
stubhub.com
I have been a valid user and honest user of StubHub.com for years. I buy and sell lots of tickets on StubHub.com. I have never had an issue or anything negitive in my account history to say otherwise.

I sold four Tiesto concert tickets back in July for an event in September at a college. The price was $306.00 for the four tickets. The tickets were PDF tickets that I got through the fan club. I had them uploaded onto StubHub.com so that the seller got them fast. At about 1am(an hr after the concert was out), I received an email stating that the buyer said they were denied at entry). Stubhub said that if I do not dispute they will charge me for the tickets plus a fee. I called them the next morning to dispute and it was a run around with rude customer service. I was told that since they were not ticketmaster tickets and that I cold not see them on a venue scan report(eventhough the venue would not provide one) that they will rull in favor of the buyer. They told me that they would not charge me but decuct the payment from my next sale. They also added a $100.00 fee to it with no description.

The issue I am having is that I sold and uploaded through the site valid tickets to the event. I have never scammed anyone before never ever through StubHub. The nature of that event was probably not the best as it was at a party college and who knows what happened to the people with the tickets.

I understand thats what stubhubs "policy" states...pretty much screw the seller and dont even work with him on the phone.

So they say that they will deduct it from the next payment...yet I receive an email yesterday saying please update a payment method so we can take the $406.00 you owe us now. That is not going to happen. I am not paying upfront now 306.00 in valid tickets that I sold and then $100.00 fee for who knows what.

StubHub you should really look into situations with a better approach then being rude to the seller. I sold REAL tickets, am a valued customer, and now you are probably going to lose alot of business. If someone worked with me that would be a different story. I will most likely be filing another complaint.

Adam
Complaint comments Comments (1)    Updated: Complaint country United States Complaint category Entertainment

Comments

N  14th of Dec, 2011 by    0 Votes
Hello ad55,

We certainly understand your frustration with your order, and we definitely would like to speak with you regarding this issue. Unfortunately as StubHub does not buy, sell, list, or own any tickets, no venue box office or Ticketmaster outlet will provide StubHub, or a StubHub buyer with any information regarding the order due to their set privacy policies. Due to these privacy restrictions, we must require the seller to research further into such claims for additional information, as you are the only individual able to obtain information from the venue/Ticketmaster regarding these tickets.

If this buyer's claim was false, and their tickets were valid at the event, we definitely would like to know this so that we can take the necessary corrective actions. While a "Scan Report" is the most useful tool in determining a course of action, there are many different ways you can provide StubHub with adequate evidence and proof of validity to ensure your payment is released. We suggest reaching out to the venue box office, or Ticketmaster and requesting a representative look up your ticket barcodes for additional information on the events that occured at the venue. If they are able to verify that your barcodes were only ever scanned once, or never at all, just forward the email you receive containing this information written by the venue rep, to ITCSupport@StubHub.com and our Executive Customer Care Team will be happy to follow up with you and further investigate this issue.

Our apologies again for this hassle. While we totally understand your frustration regarding this process, unfortunately you are the only individual authorized by Ticketmaster and the Box Office to obtain such information regarding your ticket barcodes. If you have any questions or concerns, we would love to speak with you directly regarding these issues. Please send an email with your StubHub Order Number to yourfeedbackmatters@stubhub.com and one of our experienced representatives will be happy to follow up with you. We appreciate your understanding, and we look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,