Stub Hub / PGA / Could not give me my tickets in time for the event

I purchased 4 tickets to the PGA Players Championship in Alanta GA 4 months before the event, total cost of the 4 tickets $467.00. I received confirmation from Stub Hub that my purchase had gone through and I made non-refundable hotel reservations for the event at a total cost of $875.

4 days prior to the event I had not received my tickets so I called and emailed Stub Hub. For the next 3, I made a total of 13 phone calls and 8 emails. Stub Hub's customer service dept. assured me that my tickets were FedX'ed and would be received in time of the event. I live in Kentucky, 7 hours driving time from the event. The 10th, 11th, 12th, and 13th phone calls I found out that the tickets had not been mailed out at all, this was less than 24 hrs. before the event was to start. Being that we had to drive to the event, Stub Hub could not deliver the tickets to my home address. I have 2 written emails from Stub Hub guaranteeing my tickets. As it turned out, they could not give me my tickets in time for the event. Needless to say, I was not only out the cost of the tickets but the cost of the hotel and a 4 day vacation. I turned this matter over to my attorney and we are still fighting Stub Hub in court. Stub Hubs so called ticket "Fan Guarantee" is nothing more than words. Stub Hubs customer service dept. are nothing more than commissioned sales people that will say and do what ever they have to do to get your money and get you off the phone.

Comments

• St
      5th of Mar, 2010

Hi. I’m Gregg Dispenza with StubHub’s Executive Customer Care Department. I certainly apologize for the type of service you may have received from us regarding this transaction for the PGA Players Championship. Clearly, this has left you pretty frustrated and it is never a good experience when we cannot ensure that our buyers receive their tickets, regardless of the reason.

I‘d like to help resolve this for you if possible and, clearly, we would like you to have a better impression of StubHub. While it is true that we are a secondary marketplace for fan-to-fan ticket sales, are not a Box Office and have no direct connection to any venue or event. We rely on the individual sellers listing their tickets through our marketplace to fulfill all ticket orders and while highly unlikely, if a problem occurs, we certainly take it very seriously and do our best to fix it within our Fan Protect Guarantee which offers comparable or better replacement tickets or a full refund. We do care about your experience and want to do everything in our power to ensure it’s a positive one.

I’d appreciate the opportunity to discuss this order with you in detail so we can be sure address any internal training needs that there may be. I’d also like to make sure that all of your questions and concerns are responded to as well. Please send an email to yourfeedbackmatters@stubhub.com, Attn: Gregg, with the order number or the email address that your account is set up with. I will then be able to respond to you directly and look forward to hearing from you. Thanks! Sincerely, Gregg Dispenza.