Stub Hub / do not use stubhub

1 United Kingdom Review updated:

I have had an absolutely dire experience with this website, and I have never felt strongly enough to leave a complaint on a website like this before but after being ripped off my Stub Hub I feel it is my duty to warn others to stay away from this terrible site.

Wanted a quick and easy sale of some festival tickets I could no longer use, I tried to list my item on eBay, a trusted company I am happy buying/selling from.
But unfortunately, was re-directed to Stub Hub, as eBay no longer allow you to buy/sell tickets. Over £10 was taken from my ticket price in "commission" . No where did it state that I would have to spend half my morning arranging a UPS collection, (unlike eBay where you receive the buyers address and send my royal mail).
And now, I find out I have to wait until 5-8 days AFTER the event has finished to get my payment!

This website is unclear, takes far too much off your price in "commission" and frankly is a waste of time and money. DO NOT USE STUB HUB TO SELL YOUR TICKETS.

Lw
May 17, 2013

Comments

• Pa
      3rd of Feb, 2010
    Stub Hub - Beware of using StubHub!
    stubhub.com

Beware of using StubHub! I have and now regret it. I was sent the wrong tickets to an event and have had contact with three representative this month. The first two both lied in their notes on the matter regarding what they instructed me to do as well as were ignorant as to their own policies. Never again.

5th of Feb, 2010

Hi. I’m Gregg Dispenza with StubHub’s Executive Customer Care Department. I certainly apologize for the type of service you may have received from us regarding this transaction. Clearly, this has left you pretty frustrated and it is never a good experience when the wrong tickets are received, regardless of the reason.

I‘d like to help resolve this for you if possible, clearly we would like you to have a better impression of StubHub. I’d appreciate the opportunity to discuss this order with you in detail to investigate what exactly happened so we can be sure address any internal training needs that there may be, and make sure that all of your questions and concerns are responded to as well.

I am best reached via emial. Please send an email to our department email --yourfeedbackmatters@stubhub.com, Attn: Gregg, with the order number or the email address that your account is set up with. I will then be able to respond to you directly. Look forward to hearing from you. Thanks ! Sincerely, Gregg Dispenza.

• We
      5th of Apr, 2010
    Stub Hub - I'll never go back to Stubhub again
    stubhub.com

I got online at Stubhub to buy tickets to a Frankie Valli concert. I paid over $100 for 2 $10 tickets. Talk about a rip off. I never say anywhere on their web page teh face value of the tickets I was purchasing.

I'll NEVER go back to Stubhub again!!!

7th of Apr, 2010

Dear Wermaxt,

My name is Jeffrey Kline from StubHub’s Executive Customer Care team. I read your post and understand you were concerned with the price of the tickets you purchased, as they had been priced above face value. I apologize for any disappointment or inconvenience this caused and would like to take a moment to address your concerns.

It might first help to explain that at StubHub we are fans like you and created our marketplace to bring fans together to buy and sell tickets. As the marketplace, StubHub does not hold any ticket inventory and therefore the tickets found on our website are actually coming from individual sellers. Our sellers are responsible for listing their inventory online and for setting the prices for which their tickets can sell. Prices are set at market value which is usually determined by the performer or team(s), location of the seats, and popularity of event. Sellers may also take into consideration any fees or delivery charges they incurred when acquiring the tickets when setting prices. Lastly, demand by our buyers drives both pricing and competition between our sellers. Generally, tickets are priced above the face value given these reasons. As StubHub never holds possession of the tickets and as we are an open marketplace, we are not aware of the face value and cannot attempt to regulate pricing. We make our website as straightforward as possible to make our customers aware of how pricing works and post the following information on every page of our website: “You are buying tickets from a third party; neither StubHub.com nor StubHub, Inc. is the ticket seller. Ticket prices are set by sellers and may differ from face value. “

Again, I apologize for any inconvenience. I would be more than happy to review your order and answer any further questions or concerns you may have. Please email me at yourfeedbackmatters@stubhub.com ATTN: Jeffrey, with your order number and I would be more than happy to follow up with you. Thanks!

• Gr
      21st of May, 2010
    Stub Hub - Stub Hub charged my credit card for an order that they canceled
    stubhub.com

Stub Hub charged my credit card for an order that they canceled. DO NOT do business with this company unless you want them to charge your account without permission.

• De
      14th of Jun, 2010
    Stub Hub - Paid $24.99 each for 4 tickets and they were actually $5.00 tickets
    stubhub.com

RIP OFF. Purchased tickets for 4-24-10 Motor Cross event in Seattle. Paid $24.99 each for 4 tickets and they were actually $5.00 tickets, last row of the grandstand area which are the cheapest seats in the entire Quest Field sadium.

21st of Jun, 2010

Dear Denverr,

My name is Jeffrey Kline from the Executive Customer Care team at StubHub. I read your post and understand you have a concern regarding the market value of the tickets you purchased. I apologize for any confusion regarding this purchase. Please allow me to address this issue.

First, it may help to explain that at StubHub is a secondary ticket marketplace and we are fans like you and have created our marketplace to bring fans together to buy and sell tickets. All of the inventory on StubHub comes from a third party and as a result, the individual seller’s set their own prices when they create the ticket listings on our website. Keep in mind, to decide on a sale price, the seller must consider the original cost of acquiring the tickets, which may include convenience fees, delivery charges, acquisition rights, and a variety of other expenses. Ultimately, supply and demand dictate successful sale prices. In the case of popular events, with many potential buyers and few sellers, demand will drive prices up. On the other hand, tickets for an event with many sellers and few buyers will often sell below face value.
    The StubHub User Agreement requests that sellers list tickets in accordance with all applicable local, state, federal, and international laws, statutes, and regulations. StubHub does not attempt to monitor compliance as these laws differ greatly from place to place and may vary based upon many factors, including the identity or tax status of the buyer or seller, face value or other acquisition costs, the venue ownership or location, or the type of event. In addition, the vast majority of tickets sold on StubHub are shipped directly from the seller to the buyer making StubHub’s inspection of the physical tickets not possible.

I am sorry that you were disappointed with the price of these tickets. I hope that it was not too much of an inconvenience. In the end, I anticipate that you enjoyed the seats and had a great time at the event? If you do have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me at yourfeedbackmatters@stubhub.com, ATTN: Jeffrey with your name and best contact number and I’ll gladly follow up with you directly to further discuss this matter.

25th of Jun, 2010
    Stub Hub - I could not believe that I trust this company and they let me down
    stubhub.com

I buy 4 tickets for a Broadway show in New York and they say that they are going to be put at Will call for me, but they were not there, I live in another state and we travel to New York to see the show, could you imagine the frustration and anger, I could not believe that I trust this company and they let me down, I was ashamed because I could not fulfill my little girls dream of seeing her favorite show.

25th of Jun, 2010

Hello, I’m Gregg with StubHub’s Executive Customer Care Department. I was disappointed to read about your experience and would like to discuss this with you at your earliest convenience. I’m sorry to hear about your experience and would appreciate the opportunity to turn this around for you and your daughter. It sounds as if there was definitely an exception to your ticket delivery with us. I know that there can be no worse experience than standing at the theater and not being allowed in, for any reason, especially when it involves a special family occasion.

Our FanProtect Guarantee states that you will receive your tickets in time for the event and they will be authentic and valid for entry. In the rare case when something happens that compromises our guarantee, our customer’s experience is the primary concern to us and we will investigate the matter thoroughly. We want to resolve this to the fullest extent possible, retain you as a customer, and will hold the seller accountable, if applicable.

Again, I would really appreciate the opportunity to speak with you directly about your experience. To reach me, please send an email to yourfeedbackmatters@stubhub.com, Attn: Gregg, and include either the order number or the email address that your account is set up with. I will respond directly and promptly. Thank you and looking forward to hearing from you soon. Sincerely, Gregg Dispenza, StubHub Executive Customer Care.

• Bl
      12th of Aug, 2011
    Stub Hub - Horrible service
    Stub Hub

My tickets burned in a house fire and they refused to issue new tickets, which is a simple thing to do. gave me a silly answer that the seller could not because it would void other tickets. what crap. All they had to do was get reprints of two tickets for u2 concert, which was posponed anyway. They made a bad situation, house fire, even worse. nasty company.

14th of Aug, 2011

Hello blackoak1234,

We are very sorry to hear about the house fire, and we certainly want to do our best to help you. Unfortunately as we are a secondary ticket market, we do not actually own any of the inventory listed on our website. We can certainly request that our sellers re-issue ticket, but unfortunately there are times they are unable to do so. We still would like the opportunity to help you get new tickets to U2. Would you mind emailing your StubHub Order Number and best contact information to yourfeedbackmatters@stubhub.com? We're happy to reach out to you directly.

Thank you.

Sincerely,
    Emilee D.
    Executive Customer Care
    www.StubHub.com

19th of Aug, 2011

Hi blackoak1234,

Sorry to hear about your troubles with StubHub. Like you, I too had a negative experience with them and they refused to resolve the situation. I launched a website - http://www.stubflub.com to expose their shady business practices and dealings.

Please visit the website for more information on how you can fight back.

Regards,

StubFlub.com

• Th
      2nd of Apr, 2018

I absolutely would tell you DO NOT buy tickets from Stubhub. I have to take the time to right this comment, I have been ripped off also. Do not use it, and tell everyone else you know to allow them to take advantage of you, not to use it. UNSCRUPULOUS

I bought tickets from a Bob Segar concert that got canceled in Greenvile, SC. I have received no help from Stubhub, no direction, tod it was not their problem - so don't let Stubhib become your problem, they certainly don't mind screwing you.

I have lost $250 dollars and get no help or even concern for my issues.

DO NOT USE STUB HUB TO BUY YOUR TICKETS.