Stub Hub / Stub Hub simply awful

I sold tickets through Stub Hub and accidently put the seats in the wrong section. They were sold and upon receipt the buyer notified them they were wrong. Stub Hub charged me a 15% commission on the tickets. They then debited my credit card the cost to get the buyer an "equal or better" seat which I am sure they charged an additional commission on. Then they charged me an additional fee 6 days later for reasons unknown.

I have called and, like many after being on the phone for 30 mins or so got nowhere with rude condescending managemnt and employees. I was never told or hinted that when the tickets were wrong I would be financially responsible for the persons "upgrades". My problem is that they initiated all of the charges without notification, without an explanation of the charge, and without authorization to do so, as well as double billing commissions. Their customer service is rude & awful and their communications are horrendous. They even authorized all of the charges without the buyer even mailing the incorrect tickets back to me.

Having done my research now, and seeing how many people (Buyers and Sellers) that have complained about Stub Hub they still carry an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau. I think it would do everyone a favor that has a problem with them to notify the BBB and seek a resolution.

Uk

Comments

• St
      8th of Mar, 2010

Hi. I’m Dave with the Executive Customer Care Department at StubHub. Your post was brought to my attention and I understand you sold tickets via StubHub and are concerned over charges that were processed on your credit card as a result of the Buyer receiving incorrect tickets. I can appreciate that this is a disappointing situation and will do my best to address your concerns.

As you already know, StubHub is a secondary ticketing marketplace, meaning that we are not a ticket seller and do not hold any ticket inventory. Sellers, such as yourself, post the tickets found on our website and are ultimately responsible for fulfilling any sales that come for their tickets exactly as listed. If a Seller sends wrong tickets to a Buyer, Sellers will be given the opportunity to provide the correct tickets for the order or comparable or better replacement tickets. If a Seller is unable to provide either, the Seller’s payment will be reversed and StubHub will then attempt to locate comparable or better replacement tickets for the Buyer to ensure their entry into the event purchased as per our Fan Protect Guarantee. As noted within the StubHub User Agreement, if there is any additional cost involved for StubHub to acquire replacement tickets for the Buyer, the Seller will be held financially liable for that difference. We do make our sellers aware of this information in advance. Sellers are advised of their responsibilities towards an order both when initially listing the tickets online and also when confirming a new transaction. Also when creating a StubHub account, all users must agree to the terms of the StubHub User Agreement before being allowed to use the site and the User Agreement contains specific language in regards to seller responsibilities and financial obligations.

I would like the chance to review your specific situation in order to provide a more detailed response and also to ensure that any additional questions or concerns you may have are addressed. As you mentioned in your post, StubHub does have an “A+” rating with the Better Business Bureau which is a testament to our loyalty towards our customers and is something we take a great deal of pride in. If you would like to discuss your issues directly, please contact me via e-mail at dferraro@stubhub.com. Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you!