Stonebridge College / Refund of initial course payment

1 England, Norfolk, United Kingdom Review updated:

I decided to do a Level 3 Nail Technician course with Stonebridge and phoned up and made the initial payment of £49.99. Due to a change in circumstances I cancelled the course within the 7 days and I received a letter this morning stating that they had indeed cancelled the course but due to damage of materials I would not be refunded my initial payment. The 'damage' as they put it was I sent the 2 course papers (just a few sheets on each one) in an A5 envelope so they had to be folded in half. How on earth is this classed as damage...just a poor excuse to get out of refunding me. I can't afford to lose that money and to not refund me for such a poor reason. Any advice would be greatly received thank you

Comments

• Do
      21st of Jul, 2012

well i stupidly signed up at 8pm last night, saw all the things about it being dodgy and cancelled at 8am this morning, they said no they wouldnt refund me without me returning the course materials! (it was paid and cancelled within 12hours!!) now refusing to give me my 49.99 deposit back, even tho im entitled to it by LAW! distance selling regs!!! DISGUSTED!

• He
      16th of Sep, 2012

Dear members of the forum! My name is Helena, I'm from Sweden. I've found this thread by Google search and came to tell you that Stonebridge Associated Colleges has proven to be a scam.

I was seriously robbed by these scammers - they refused to refund my money for a properly cancelled course, and I'm already fighting for my rights with the help of UK European Consumer Center. Don't be afraid to claim your rights too, if you were treated badly by this College! Just go for it! Altogether we will prove that such institutions should not be fostered in EU.

The College has been running this campaign called "Stonebridge Superfan" where people are supposed to get points and win prizes. One of the conditions is writing a positive review of the College here: http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews218360.html, so that these reviews are many and potential students don't have a clue on what its nature really is. On the top of this page you can see a note from the Review Center which confirms the forceful nature of these positive reviews.

Read here how you can claim your consumer rights, if they refuse to refund your money: http://zhilkin.com/Stonebridge_Associated_Colleges_are_scammers.html
    And please-please-please, like the page, so that as many people as possible know what this College is really about BEFORE getting into trouble and wasting their precious money.

I wish you all the best of luck!

27th of Jul, 2018

Hi DNTRLYCARE,
    This may help you ; https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/consumer-contracts-regulations