Starving Students Inc / Starving Students - Los Angeles, CA
Company sold me an insurance policy offering blanket coverage for the move. The coverage was to cover actual cash value of the items.
Items were damaged in the move and the first insurance claim was flatly denied (standard practice in many insurance claims).
Second attempt to file a claim and the company started changing their definition of actual cash value as well as pointed out part of the coverage that was not explained to me when the policy was sold to me. (if i packed it and it gets broken, it's not covered).
Company has taken over six months to offer a low settlement.
Customer support and returned phone calls is non-existent.
The sales person estimated a move time based on my accurate description of the number of rooms, contents and items that was less than half of the actual time it took to move. Total cost of the move was 150% more than the original estimate.
Movers wasted time packing items in a manner that was unnecessary, costly and added an incredible amount of time to unpack. (the use of half a roll of packing tape to wrap a furniture pad around a chair - thus it takes 15 minutes to unwrap the chair).
stay away from this company
More Starving Students Inc Complaints & Reviews
- Starving Students - Moving Services - Overbilling, failure to perform, damage to property, deceptive practices 
- Starving Artists Group - Originally Mass Produced Paintings
- Starving Students Movers - Will steal your stuff
- SS Movers Starving Students - Rip Off No Insurance Paid For Damages
- Starving Students Inc - Moving cost 
- Starving Students Movers - overcharged for moving cost
- Starving students - withdraw money from bank account without authorization 
- Starving students - Overcharged, damaged multiple furniture, sexual harassment on a minor
- Starving Students Movers - Horrible, untrustworhty movers
- Starving students - Damaged my furniture and hidden it