Starving Student, LLC (Alexandria, VA/) Is Absolutely the WORST Moving Experience of My Life...and we are not the only one's who think so..
Starving Students Has an "F" Rating with the Better Business Bureau in the following areas:
Quoted from the Better Business Bureau of Washington DC and Eastern PA web site on (1/05/2010)
BBB Reliability Report for
Starving Students Moving Company
This is not a BBB accredited business.
BBB Rating F
BBB RAting F Here too:
BBB Rating F Here too:
From yet another BBB web site on 1/5/2010 regarding Starving Students Movers I quote:
Complaint Closing StatisticsThe following grid displays the number and responses to complaints over the last 36 months:
No. of Cmpl Type of Response
22 Making a full refund, as the consumer requested
33 Making a partial refund
153 Agreeing to perform according to their contract
12 Refusing to make an adjustment
43 Refuse to adjust, relying on terms of agreement
Here's a link to YouTube video of an Investigative Report on Starving Students:
PS I am not now and I have never been an employee of Starving Students. My only experience with Starving Students, Alexandria VA has been the following:
Part 1: Extortion and Intimidation by Starving Students, Inc.
Upon arrival, my girlfriend greeted the drivers to immediately be "informed" that they typically get a "$100.00 per person" tip.
Part 2: Rude Inexcuseable Behavior and Mud Soiled Hallways and Carpets.
To my girlfriend's horror, the "professional movers" showed no respect for our home. They walked through mud and proceed to soil our freshly cleaned carpets.
Part 3: Expecting the worst and getting it.
When I arrived to bring tools to the "Professional Movers, " here is what I discovered:
1. An extremely beat-up Starving Students, Inc., "Professional Moving Truck." The truck had both fiberglass fenders smashed beyond recognition and bandaged together with duct tape.
2. Our expensive diningroom chairs were stacked on top of each other (without any of the promised padding and blankets) like firewood.
3. Three completely unprofessional people were milling about the house and yard aimlessly.
4. One person was attempting to take apart a metal bed with his bare fingers.
5. One person was slamming a piece of the bed into the wood paneled wall and ceiling.
6. One person was arguing with me telling me that it was not his responsibility to bring a screwdriver to the job.
Part 4: Wating and Waiting.
1. When they left to go to the other house I was left to guard the item they left piled in our yard.
2. After over an hour, I began personally moving everything else out of the house.
3. After another 30 minutes I loaded ALL of the items in the yard into my personal pick-up truck and drove to the new home.
Part 5: It Goes from bad to much worse:
1. I pull up just in tme to see the "professional movers" NOT! slam our china cabinet into the doorjambs of the front door not once but 3 times!
2. My girlfriend is livid because the "professional movers" NOT! were again tracking wet mud throughout both floors of our newly carpeted home.
To be continued...come back for photos of the damage that Starving Students did to almost every piece of furniture that they touched.