Starter Credit Direct / Unauthorized charges

United States Review updated:

I noticed an unfamiliar charge deducted from my checking account posted 2 days ago. I wrote the information from my account and noticed an odd name. I called the number which was nothing but a recording. No live persons or answering machines to question. Researched a bit further and found I have no idea who this company is. I have never contacted anyone or attempted to buy anything. I did not authorize to pay this company any thing for any reason. All of a sudden they submitted an electronic check with my information and no signature. I have now contacted my bank to file an unauthorized fraudulent charge. This caused me to overdraft, and also unable to pay a few of my very important bills, no gas money or any money to buy any food if needed.
St

Comments

Va
  12th of Nov, 2008
The above company withdrew $99.00 from my checking account unauthorized and with a fake check. This company may have been linked to a cash advance web site I was looking into and passed over but I did not authorize the money to be withdrawn.
Va
  2nd of Dec, 2008
I checked my checking account and there was a check with a weird number that came through for $99.00 causing my account to go into the negative and I assessed a overdraft fee of $35. I never gave this company permission to debit my account.
To
  23rd of Jan, 2009
I checked my checking account 1 day before Christmas and noticed an unauthorized withdrawal of $99.00 from starter credit direct. In the state of the current economy, I am struggling to make ends meet and now I am worried about having the full amount for my due bills because of the fraud! This is a rip off. I never authorized this and don't understand why this company would do this.
Jo
  24th of Apr, 2009
my name is joyce brand and i was not aware of starter credit direct can take money out of my account with out me knowing about it i am on a fixed income and barley making it to pay my bill i did not tell them that they can take any money out i am wanting that money to be put back in to my account its wrong for them to take it out with out asking me i need it back in my account
Wo
  29th of May, 2009
startercredit direct is a scam with a capital S. it has many "backdoors" so be careful.. i will use a local payday advance from now on.. i advise yu to do the same..
Ma
  22nd of Jun, 2009
This company took $99 dollars out of my checking account without my authorization. I have tried to find out more information but it is useless. This company needs to be put out of business and everyone's money returned. My bank will not refund my money, due to the fact it was a paper draft, and I only have 24-48 hours to contest it, that is not all I do not have checks, so I am confused on this and how I am out the $99. I have contacted my states Attonery Generals Office and filed a complaint.
Jw
  3rd of Sep, 2009
I noticed a charge for 99.00 out of my checking account 2 days ago and I am furious!!
Times are hard and for people to take advantage of other people is sad. I want my money back and I mean now!!
Ja
  20th of Sep, 2009
MAN DIS JUST HAPPENED TO ME LIKE A FEW DAYS AGO AND IM PISSED AND WANT MY MONEY BACK NOW!!!
Pa
  16th of Oct, 2009
today i noticed my account minus 99.00 and I went to the bank and disputed the charges
got credit and the bank wiil investigate
hope they press charges or something to stop this