Star Vacation Club / Buyer beware!

I also attended a presentation at the Gilbert branch at 1450 W Guadalupe. The free gifts are definitely not free. You cannot find a telephone number to contact anyone at their website. I only got the number because a friend was foolish enough to purchase. The customer service number is [protected] although I found them to be of no assistance. The telephone number to the local branch in Gilbert AZ is 480.4979955 (answering machine).

Buyer beware! I am so glad I did not purchase from this company. I suggest that anyone who is seriously considering buying (I was) that you check their website, call their customer service, check it out with the attorney general/BBB, online reviews. Doing your research may save you aggravation, time, and money.

Comments

Ch
  26th of Jul, 2007

I have to say that I also sat through a presentation and being stupid I signed up for this fraudulent vacation package. Just like everyone else said, you get a phone call saying you won one of the 5 prizes and all you have to do is come to our office in Mesa and show 2 forms of ID. I was asked to show a copy of my DL and my checkbook. I should of known by then this was weird.

Never the less I stayed for the presentation and somehow they got to me to buy into this condo package for $3995.00. I signed the papers and then after looking for more information on the internet found out that you can't even find them on the internet. No address for the Mesa/Gilbert office... How strange! So I decided to email Star Vacation from my card they gave me when I signed up.

I told them I wanted to cancel this contract and I was told there was no way out. I argued with them that they have to have a cancellation fee of somekind. They said nope you will never be able to get out of this contract. I said oh yes I will and I wrote a letter to the BBB and the Attorney General.

I also called the Credit Union that I got the so called loan from and they said I had to call First Funding and they gave me a phone# which I called and got an answering machine saying hello I'm the manager and leave a message and I will get back with you. So I left him a message saying I want to cancel my loan with the Credit Union regarding the contract with Star Vacation Club. I received a phone call back from this guy who said he was with First Funding and I said I want to cancel my loan because Star Vacation Club is a fraud. He said NO they are not and I said YES they are. He said I can't cancel your loan until I receive written agreement from Star Vacation Club and he said have you contacted them regarding this? I said yes I have and I also contacted the BBB and the Attorney General. He said you can't cancel this loan until I hear from Star Vacation Club.

I said ok, but I'm not paying for this loan. He said oh well, it's your credit. I said yep and you will not receive any money from me. So right now I'm in the process of getting this contract canceled and will get lawyers and everyone I can get to help me get this contract canceled. I will not ever give up on this nor will I pay my loan that I will never use. If anyone has any good advise I can use I would greatly appreciate it. Email me at chris.davidek@lensco.com.

Li
  7th of Dec, 2007

Thanks so much for the heads up everyone. They called me last night. Same people same address. They promised me a free vacation on their "word of mouth" program. Needless to say, won't be attending that one!! THANKS AGAIN!!!, Lisa in Gilbert

Ta
  18th of Mar, 2008

Thank you to all that have posted somments about STAR Travels, I just recieved that phone call and was excited for the free vacation, but was a little worried about giving someone a credit card or checkbook information. People can do crazyt things with that. I have noticed that they have targeted people in gilbert, and send them to a gilbert location and then target those in Mesa, they go to a mesa office these offices are with in 5 miles or less of eachother. I tried to call the number that they gave mw to confirm i was coming or if i had questions, it was 480-497-9955, and a lady did answer i asked for a web site, and told me it was for members only. I also asked how i was able to see if they were a credited company and she said "well we should be, we'v been in business for 16 year" So there you go people, If they don't have a web site, and you can't find out anything about them stay clear. Unfortunatly we have people in this world whom want to make life harder for other, Good luck to all who are trying to get there money back.

L
  8th of Apr, 2008

Well, thank goodness I stumbled upon this site! Star vacations have been calling me for a week now to go to one of their presentations.I won't be going that's for sure!

I have been in the market for a really good reliable timeshare company. Anyone know of one?

Ju
  3rd of Jul, 2008

I received a call from this same company 3 days ago. Its 7/2/2008 and I'm reading complaints about this company from 2007 - unbelievable that they haven't been shut down.

I live in Chandler, AZ and they were inviting me to their Gilbert office to receive a free 4 day/3 night trip to Orlando, FL. I listened to their telemarketing call and agreed to an appointment which I never kept. Initially, I thought it was weird that they wanted a credit card as part of ID validation. When i received the invitiation letted and read the second page with all the "legal jargon" I immediately got the willies and decided not to go to the appt or even to call them back to cancel. Arizona is one of the leading states in identity theft and this thought came right to mind.

From what I have read, these people are scammers. So I'm glad that I didn't get involved in this scam.

Le
  8th of Jul, 2008

I also live in mesa, arizona and they have called my house everyday for the last 2 months. I keep telling them that I am on the Do Not Disturb list and have never done bussiness with them. They don't listen they just get pushy. I left them a message and if they call again they will be getting a call from my Lawyer. I have a child with special needs and I have to leave that child everytime they call because it's a private number that comes up. And they call at all times of the day or night. Who wants to travel anyways in today's crazy world of scams.

Ka
  11th of Aug, 2008

This company, Star Vacations called me 20+ times this weekend. Even after being told to remove us from the list, they insisted that someone in the house had interest in this promotion, and that's why they kept calling. We'll see tonight how many times they show up on my caller ID. I see another poster up thread was told they had been in business for 16+ years, but they told me that they were a brand new company.

Mr
  12th of Aug, 2008

They have been calling my home phone number so many times for at least last 2 months. Today, the sales call was from Apple(?). I requested them not to call me any more and reminded them they are calling Do Not Call list number. They told me they will remove once but they are calling me still. When I remind them about the Do Not Call Number, they just hang up.

Their Gilbert office number is (480) 497-9955.

You can complain to BBB with link below

Also Report to Federal Trade Commission for Violation