Star Search Casting / Fraud & scam

1 Phoenix, AZ, United States Review updated:

If you're planning on signing up with star search casting, don't. I did and wasted my money, got absolutely nothing but outdated free jobs. Their website totally misrepresents what they do. I emailed with questions about a dozen times or so and got no response. the company touts it's bbb approved. Well, after much research into the better business bureau company, I have found that they're also a scam organization that takes money from any scam business for the right endorsement.

I am in the process of trying to begin a class action lawsuit against this company, if you can call it that. They have no real business address, just a mailbox drop, no telephone numbers, nothing.

Va

More Star Search Casting Complaints & Reviews

Comments

30th of Sep, 2008

Vision casting charges a lot of $ monthly! You have to go to the office to pick up your $! When you do go, he under pays you!

• Op
      30th of Dec, 2008

I too wasted my money with Star Search Casting-----a LOOONG time ago. HOW do you realize they're a website SCAM???? Easily---- the front page has an area that allows you to "rate talent"...AND... some of the 'so-called "featured talent" are horrible, unprofessional photos of people! Why would a LEGIT site allow just anyone to "rate talent"????

When I "signed on" years back, I too checked the "audition" anouncements weekly. Most of them were outdated, or opened a blank or Error web page only. Duhhh. Big red flag there. I promptly CANCELLED my "bronze" membership with them (but still continued to receive SPAM emails from them some time afterwards)

• Sh
      5th of Feb, 2009

I have had no problem with star search casting and my daughter has landed several roles with reputable companies and is in the process of filming a major motion picture because of star search casting. i would say there are alot of disgruntled people who think they have the looks and talent and really have nothing at all.

• Bo
      12th of Mar, 2009

DON'T PAY STAR SEARCH CASTING A DIME!

They're a total scam, they post phoney casting job notices and when you try to get a refund from this Loser Jonthan Parker who runs the scam, you never hear back and there is no way to contact them.

Don't bother with this company. They also go under Hollywood Profiles and about 50 other names. Jonthan Parker has his scam going worldwide!! Funny thing, this guys loves trying to show how legit HIS companies are and what scams the others are. He's also loves posting his own picture all over the place too. Maybe another actor who never made it, ha ha...

The best thing, which is what I did, is call your bank and reverse the changes based on the fraud. In most cases, you will win.

Bob, NYC

• Al
      5th of Apr, 2009

Star Search Casting, Prime Time Casting; Bartenders America
    Att: Brian Williard, Sean Noble, Jonathan Parker
    215 1/2 N Coast Hwy
    Oceanside, CA 92054

CC: Elena Olivas, Better Business Bureau

Re: Request for immediate refund (Ref #30012297 – Prime Time Casting)

Dear Sirs:

I am writing to request an immediate refund of $98 that Star Search Casting, Inc (SSC) has charged on 09/22/2003 to my husband's account as my membership fee.

On 09/22/2003 I have made a grave mistake of signing up with SSC over the phone. Operator named William (#846) stated that if for any reason I should choose to cancel my membership I would be entitled for a full refund within 30 days.

10/20/2003 I have contacted Account Management at the number provided by William (866.291.1883) and requested a refund of the fee because I was canceling my membership. I was assured that the refund will be made within 5-7 days, however it had not happened.

I further contacted SSC on more than SIX occasions (11/11/03, 11/24/03, 12/18/2003, 01/13/2004, 02/13/2004 and 02/24/04) requesting refund and was repeatedly assured that the refund will occur shortly. I was also contacted several times via email (02/17/04 and 02/23/04) by Mr. Jonathan Parker, claiming to be the President of SSC, who again assured me (and other former members in search of refund) that the refund will follow shortly. In one of the emails Mr. Parker referred to additional unauthorized charges that were supposedly by mistake made by Impact Legal. In fact, Impact Legal did charge my husband account and still has not refunded us with $199 that was charged without our knowledge.

I have filed a complaint with Better Business Bureau which had contacted SSC on my behalf but SSC chose to ignore the complaint.

I must notify you that, if the refund is not promptly made, you may be held liable for unjust enrichment. Further, numerous misrepresentation made by SSC, various addresses and phone numbers used, your manner of doing business and unauthorized charges made by Impact Legal has led me to believe that I (and probably many others) was involved in some sort of a fraudulent money extortion scheme designed to deceive unsuspecting customers.

Please be advised that I reserve the right to bring this issue before the appropriate governmental and judicial authorities and customer protection agencies. In order to avoid further legal proceedings, we must receive the payment of the above indicated amount by 09 June 2004.

I await an immediate response from you or your counsel.

Alice
    New York, New York
    U.S.A.

• Ta
      24th of Jan, 2010

Okay, any website at all that asks for money, such as - onesourcetalent, exploretalent, talenthunter, jrpnewyork, and SSC &etc.. are frauds & scams. Don't spend a penny. I strongly recommend getting a talent agent if you want to persue your career. Auditionagency.com is a great place for advice and they help you find agents as well, I'm currently waiting for a response. Talent agents have NO FEES. They take 10-15 % of the money you earn after they get you work. So do not waste your time on the websites above no matter how tempting it is. Trust me, my heart has been broken more than three times because of there scams. Don't waste your time !

• Su
      9th of Apr, 2012

What is their number? Someone has used a photo of me and my full name and created a false profile. I want to get this taken down, yet Star Search will not respond to any of my messages. They have no email or phone number available on their website. Please help. How can I get a hold of someone on the phone?? Thank you!

• Ti
      24th of Sep, 2017

I have been trying to get my profile removed from Star Search casting for a long time. I actually tried emailing customer service to shut down my account and I am unfortunately able to on my own because my account is under an old email address that I no longer use. When I tried to get Star Search Casting to close my account, no answer, no response from the emails sent. Their customer service operations needs to be improved.

• Ti
      1st of Jul, 2018

@sunflower there isn't even a phone number to make contact with them. This is what cyber enforcement professionals define sites such as StarSearchCasting.com as ghostsites.