STA Travel / Appaling Customer Service and unwilling to offer any form of help after they medded up my booking

1 United Kingdom Review updated:

Having paid 1000's to travel to New Zealand with my partner all seemed ok, until the booking agent STA forgot to amend my flight home. I paid for and agreed that this would be done in April 2010 however we are now in December and my flight still hasn't been changed. Our current details state that we should be leaving New Zealand 27th December however we can not leave until April. STA are not responding to any of my emails or calls. They seem to think they can just palm me of with "its not my department, contact..." People pay allot of money to see the world and you pay a "professional" company to assist with this, putting your trust in them and they leave you stranded. If anyone knows of an email for a senior member within STA I would be very grateful for the contact details as i currently seem to be writing to a Customer Service team who ignore and offer the opposite.

Na

Comments

• St
      12th of Oct, 2011

This is very similar to the problems I have been having with STA Travel. It seems that once they have your money they really don't care about service, or if you even fly anywhere successfully.

Their complaints procedure is a total shambles and they basically ignored every point I had made.

Good luck

• El
      21st of Apr, 2014

I have had similar problems, it's not ten mistakes made that anger me, but the atrocious customer service and unwillingness to deal with their issues

• Lm
      7th of Jul, 2014

STA TRAVEL is terrible. I bought a package deal with them and I missed the first flight. Even though the flight crew (malaysian airlines) were happy for me to buy just the first leg, I ended up having to buy the whole package all over again. So I effectively paid for the same seats twice over. I have spoken to Malaysian Airlines and was told that I can get my money back from STA Travel, STA Travel New Zealand is ignoring me and haven't paid me anything back.

• Wa
      2nd of Sep, 2014

What you need to do is call the STA Travel 'Head Office' and sort the issue out with them.. try this number 0800 474 400

• Ik
      28th of Sep, 2014

My daughter bought an Sta travel pass..bad decision! Not usable in every ATM, does not work for instance in the Netherlands if you want to top up your public transport card. My daughter's pass got stolen in Italy and she requested a new one after the stolen one was blocked. Sending one oversees was not a possibility so she send it to us and we send it through to the Netherlands where she was staying at that time. The new pass did not work and said she reached her daily limit. Attempts to communicate via phone and email was unsuccessful: they kept promising that it was an utmost urgency every time, but nothing was done. This week I threatened with the ombudsman and their response was that they would send a new card within 24 working hours (?) to the address she was staying at. Wonderful...a few hours later we got an email to say that they have told the department involved into these situations and it is of the utmost importance to solve this quickly. I end a not very kind email back to say that I want it solved...Now we are a few days down the track and STA travel hasn't responded. I ended up sending moe y oversees to a family member who is going to give it to my daughter, which will cost me a bit of money, but at least I know she will have access to it! Don't use STA travel cards...they are to much trouble