Sst System Services Technologies Inc / auto loan

1 AZ, United States Review updated:

This company is ###. I have made my payments on time for 5 years. During the beginning of my loan I added a little extra to be applied to principal so that my final payment would be less and I would have credit towards the interest due on the account. I get to the very last payment and surprise the last payment is the exact amount of the regular payment. No credit for any of the extra I sent in at the begining of the loan.

I wrote to them wanting them to fix. never heard back from them. Now I am being charged fees up my wazzoo late charges and misc. no explain charge of $55.00 in each statement. I am now being into the second month after the loan should be paid off and now owe according to them almost $100.00 more then the original last payment. I cannot get this account paid off. And I am not just going to send them the money just becuase they are billing me for it.

I am furious. after 5 years of never missing a payment they are now reporting me as over 60 days late on my credit report . all for the last payment on the car is that is not owed.

These people are theives.

Comments

• Jj
      5th of May, 2009

I agree with you 100%. I have been making my payments faithfully every month, but yet they feel the need to continually call me and remind me to make my payment.

Also if you try to make an online payment - forget it, it does not work half the time.

I have NEVER been late with a payment, but they insist on calling me. If anyone else did this, it would be considered harassement.

This company sucks. If you have a loan with them - refinance asap. They will make your life a living hell!

jjaz

• St
      8th of Jun, 2009

I agree. I can't believe that I am finding out this infromation now. I made my first boat payment when I purchased it. That first payment was never applied. So, first payment due on 07/04/06... First call from lovely SST 07/10/06. It has not stopped since. I immediatley contacted the boat dealer and thought it was straightened out. Calls still coming through and the same thing every time they called... As if the first payment was never paid. I got in touch with the boat dealer again and assume it is all taken care of. They started calling again a few months later. This time sure my account was current because I was able to view my account on line. I ignored them...for two more years. They called neighbors that I didn't even know becuase they lived in the same town with an address similar, they would call my work, my parents, everyone. I finally called them when I found a threatening letter on the gate of my NEW house that I had only lived at for a few weeks. I had only changed my address for the electric company and all other mail was still being sent to my PO BOX. I still dont know how they found us so quick. When I called to find out why they were stalking me, I was reassured that they fell under no definition of the word, and that I was 30 days late...since July of 2006 yes 2006...2006 the customer service is uncapable of more then taken credit card number, so I had them send me a transation history since 2006. The statement showed that a few month after the account was fix they reversed the First payment retro actively and my account has been consistantly 30 days late with interest applying daily and late charges every month. Not to mention that they have reported to the credit bureau a 30 day late every month. I got a hold of the boat dealer again and it was confirmed that a serious error had been made... twice. Both time the first payment was applied and reversed a few days later. Furious... These people should not have control over anything to do with money... They would be good at keeping track of sex offenders or criminals

29th of Jul, 2009

I am having a horrible time getting SST to respond with information about my RV loan. Everytime I talk with someone at SST I feel like I am the rodent that just entered the exercise wheel. If I didn't care about my credit, I would just have them come pick up our RV. It is now only worth half of what is owed anyway and I can get NO cooperation or information from them. Could it be if I stopped my payments, they might not have any legal right to collect them? I called Bank One (now Chase) (who SST says still has the loan but would give me no contact info.) and they say that they hold no loan in my name. This is a credit nightmere and I truly want out.

• Sc
      13th of Aug, 2009

i found out what ### they were a long time ago.after being tricked into a car loan for a different car than i actually purchased by a shady car dealer i tried for over a year to make the outragous monthly payments in 1997 i finally returned the vehicle. i tried several times to find out what i still owed on the car with no response. then six years later i tried to buy a house and out of the blue the call me up threatening me and telling me that i owe them 16, 000.00 dollars and that if i don't pay that every 7 years the will report me to the credit bureas (which it was never reported to in the first place) sure enough it's been 12 years and they are still doing it for alot more than the original loan amount. i have since bought and paid off 5 cars and paid all my bills and loans on time and would have paid them what was due had they not waited 6 years and thousands more than i really owed or a least returned one of my many calls when i gave the damn car back. any one sees sst or aegis on a loan run

• Ny
      5th of Sep, 2009

SST customer service is garbage. I had to call THREE times in order to get someone who was competent enough to explain what happened with my loan in detail.

According to SST, since my loan originate I was never charged for the Gap Insurance I added to the loan. SO, they want me to pay, retro-actively, the difference from 2007 to now, totaling over 100.00 AND a late fee. They claim I was sent a letter but I never received it. I asked them from 5/2007 til now you are just now giving me a call to address this???? I asked to speak to their Loan Collections Supervisor Stephanie Hummer, but of course I was thhrown into her voicemail. I left a message but did NOT receive a rtn call.

SST business practices are terrible and their customer service reps are inconsiderate and hot under the collar with attitude. They are not worth seeking out for business. Steer clear.

• Be
      14th of Sep, 2009

To NYlady77:

Same story for me. I purchased my car in October of 2007. On the day my car payment posted in August, I received the first of many, what I consider harrassing, phone calls. My payment is automatically withdrawn every month via the Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT), so it was a surprise to be receiving calls from SST. My payment wasn't late, and it was posted in full. Of course when you answer a call from SST, no one says "hello", but a computer informs you no one is available to take your call. The call you just received.

I spoke with a representative that explained a "mistake" was made and the Gap Insurance was never included in the loan amount. I asked the representative to send me their copy of my agreement. I can't imagine what leg they have to stand on when both I and SST have copies of an agreement stating what I owe, and the amount is as I've been paying. How could they add this later? Pretty sure if the mistake was in their favor I'd be eating it then too.

In any case, my first notice of this change came after they threatened to send me to collection and destroy my credit report. I'm going to try getting a hold of this Stephanie Hummer, but have you been able to resolve anything?

• Ri
      19th of Sep, 2009

i suggest first going thru the bank that financed the loan since they are just servicers. the bank i had at first referred me to them. i refused and demanded to speak to someone at the bank. they are full of crap with their stories . also, i would higly recommend a letter to the atty general in your state and refer them to this site of complaints. i believe a class action suit would be in order. this is the crap WE GET FROM OUR BANKS!!! THEY ARE THE WORST!!

12th of Oct, 2009

I AGREE 100%!!!THEY SUCK!!! THEY CONTINUE TO CALL MY WORK!!! AND PLACES AS WELL!!! MY BOSS HAS HIS LAWYER LOOKING INTO THIS MATTER!! I'M GOING TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!!!THEY ARE NOT TO CALL LIKE THAT ANYMORE WE HAVE RIGHTS TO!!! ANYONE OUT THERE THAT NEEDS A LOAN PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DON'T EVEN PURCHASE IT IF THIS NAME COMES ACROSS THE DESK FOR YOU TO SIGN!!! FAIR WARNING!!! YOUR LIFE WILL BE A LIVING HELL FOR THE WHOLE LIFE OF YOUR LOAN!!! I DON'T CARE HOW BAD YOU WANT THE ITEM ITS JUST NOT WORTH IT!!! I DIDN'T LOOK BEFORE I PURCHASED I WISHED TO HELL I DID!!! AND IT ONLY GETS WORSE, WHEN YOUR LOAN GETS CLOSE TO THE END THE CALLS GET ALOT WORSE 3 TO 10 CALLS ADAY!!! I KID YOU NOT!! I THINK THESE CAR DEALERSHIPS GET SOME KIND OF KICKBACK FOR USING THEM!!! THEY WILL JOE BLOW A LOAN NO MATTER WHAT THEIR CREDIT SCORE IS!!! I KNOW FOR A FACT SOMEONE THAT COULD NOT GET A LOAN FOR NO REASON BECAUSE OF THEIR SCORING, BUT GUESS WHAT YOU GUESSED IT THEY DID!!! THEY ARE A VERY SHADY COMPANY!!! PEOPLE BEWARE!!!

• Na
      13th of Dec, 2009

I agree strongly. SST is a crock!!! I can't ever get thru to them online or over the phone to make a payment. Either my password is wrong or they cant even find out account using our acconunt number!!! What the heck??? And they refused to give me a quote on taxes paid last year and promised to send it in a letter that never came. All I wanna do is pay my payments!! We have worked so hard to fix our credit since our stupid mistakes 4 years ago just to lose it all again.
    So, the question is...What does one do?? We would refinance but we both had some bad mess ups 4 years ago and are still trying to get past them. Our chances of getting another loan are very small. Is there any way to insist that the original bank dont use them as a third party at this point in the game? Ive had this loan for over a year now. HELP!!! I still owe 30, 000 and im never gonna get rid of these guys!!!

• Da
      30th of Dec, 2009

I have had a vehicle financed with ELoan.com sence 2004, the money was easy to get but paying it has been pure hell.
    They will call you at least 3 times in one day if you are ever late once.
    I've paid 60 payments on a 60 month note and paid the full amount of $284.13 plus some late fees. Some late fees I do agree that I owe. But they are charging me principal and intrest outstanding on the note that is paid in full in the amount of about $117.00 late fee charges were $14.25 per month and a threaten to reposses fee of $75.00.
    I agree to the late fee charge and the threaten to repo fee but can they charge me intrest and principal on this note after I have paid the last payment?
    David Stamps

• Re
      9th of Jan, 2010

I purchased a pop-up camper in the spring of 2009, and due to a repo situation caysed by my ex-husband who didn't follow the orders of our divorce papers, my credit was not good. With my bad credit score the lot I was purchasing from said SST was the only loan they could find & it had a high interest rate, which I knew would be a problem. Had I been smart (and I wasn't) I would have walked away & waited for my credit to clear before taking any loan. I was skeptical when the loan officer at the dealership gave me a (required) paper to list friends & family members to contact should I be late, & I questioned it, but being an idiot that day I filled it out. Uggghhhh!!! BAD mistake.

I filled out the info to have my payments taken directly from my bank account & assumed that the first payment was taken. I didn't check on it and received a phone call from my best friend, my sister, & several others from my "list" who said they had received calls from SST regarding a personal business matter that involved me. They asked every one of them for my phone# & address which no one would provide because they didn't know these people. I called SST, very upset, because they had made calls to everyone on that list I gave them but had NOT called ME!! I was told that the phone number I had provided was not a working number, and the person I was talking to was EXTREMELY rude. I asked what number they had called, & when she read it to me I told her that the area code was not right. I live in KY but made my purchase in IN. The area code they had on file was for IN, not KY, and it is NOT what I had given them. I gave her the correct number.

I told the woman on the phone that I had set my account up for EFT & she basically called me a liar, after being nasty in her comments that "the phone number they had was what I had confirmed", which it was not. She then told me that I needed to verify proof of insurance, which they had already been sent (twice), but she said that they don't show any insurance info in their records. I told her that I was not going to send it again, & they need to either contact my agent (which is where I work) or dig back through my file because I was not going to pull my files for them at that moment. I made a payment over the phone that day, including late fees, and decided that EFT would not be a good idea for such incompetent people. I decided I would phone payments every month.

I made a couple of phone payments, each time finding out that their system STILL didn't recognize my phone number (and it is Jan 2010, nearly a year later, after providing my correct phone number to them several times) and they STILL don't have it right! I was about a week late with a payment at the end of the summer 2009, and my stepson told me that some man was in our driveway taking photos of the camper that day. He went out and questioned the man, who gave him his business card & told him that he was sent by our loan company to take pictures because we were in default on our loan.

I called SST, furious about this, and was told that any time we are two weeks late or more they would send someone to take photos to be sure the camper was in good condition & to verify it was still at this address. My payment was not quite a week late, & having struggled with finances most of my adult life I have been very late on loans in the past & have NEVER had anyone call my friends or family (actually no other company asked for a list), & I never had anyone show up in my driveway. I found it a bit threatening. I made a payment over the phone that day, after a lengthy argument with the rude person at SST, and decided that I NEVER want to speak with them again. I prefer computer payments, not live people, but whenever I try to phone a payment, they don't recognize my phone number, & either I don't get a prompt to enter my account number or the computer doesn't recognize that number either. It always redirects me to a live (rude) human.

I did not know that this was a third-party administrator until reading comments on this website today. It frustrates me to no end that I am dealing with what appears to be a "legal" loan shark!!! I'm beginning to wonder if they'll show up to break my legs or cut off a finger. I guess somewhere in the fine print of the contract I signed it states that this is a third-party but I was not told this by the man at the dealership nor by anyone at SST.

I have a LONG way to go on this loan & I am NOT a happy camper (haha). After reading the other complaints it is clear that this is a shady business, to say the least. I have been struggling these last few months & I am a little behind on payments... I dread calling them to get this up-to-date because it is worse than hammering nails up the nose to have to talk to these ###s. What I find very humourous is that today is Jan 9, 2010 & I received an invoice yesterday (Jan 8, 2010) which shows my payment is due Oct 18, 2009. There is no print date on the invoice anywhere. It does include past due payments (and unfortunately the amount is correct), yet the invoice looks as though this is an Oct 2009 statement. Had I not opened it yesterday it would appear as though I owed these late payments back in October. How could I ever prove that the statement was printed & received in Jan 2010? Honestly, I don't recall getting invoices in Nov or Dec (though I do know when my payments are due & the amount due...I knew I was behind). It's unnerving to know that companies like this can put me in a worse state (financially) than I already am, & I doubt there is much that can be done other than suffer through making payments & chalk it up to a learning experience of what not to do.

One more thing to note... I had phoned in a payment in Sept 2009 which they never posted, nor did they take from my account. They say they had no record of me calling in the payment (and being the idiot I am I didn't have the confirmation#) - this caused more late payments. SST is extremely unorganized & appear to be very crooked. Good luck to everyone who has a loan with them...

from: powderkeg in KY

9th of Jan, 2010

Just so you all know...SST is NOT absolutely NOT a financial institution therefore they DO NOT finance loans...they are ONLY a 3rd party servicer. They service the loan for the company who holds your loan. I agree some of their agents are horrible and rude. But they do have some very nice agents who will gladly explain things to you and if they say will call you back actually call you back. SST does start doing "courtousy" calls the day after your payment is due. They are on an autodialer and therefore the autodialer is the one that dials not the agents. Give them some slack, they are just doing their job.

18th of Jan, 2010

Be careful on your last payment with these crooks. I have had my loan payments aoutomatically taken from my checking account from the beginning of the loan and am on my final payment. For some reason, they sent me a bill in the mail this month (which they never have before) for the final payment. I new I had auto debit so I was not too worried about it until I read the comments on this board. I decided I should give them a call to insure there was not going to be a problem. Apperently, since the final payment was less than my normal monthly payment they cancelled my auto debit without letting me know. Luckly I called 10 days before the due date so I was able to make a one time payment online (for a 5 dollar fee of course). We will see if and when they send the title. I dont have high hopes...

• Bu
      15th of Mar, 2010

I agree with all the complaints. This company should be executed. I am getting ready to stop payments and just let them try to find the motor home for reposession. But whose credit does it hurt??? Mine, of course. How can companies get away with this way of operating? Trying to get any information about our loan is close to impossible and the people they hire for the phones must be hired on their ability to be unhelpful. How can companies like this one exist? I want to have a contact to talk to who can really talk with me about my loan and they say they cannot give me that information. When will this end?

• Tr
      26th of Mar, 2010

I agree 100% with everyone. I was forced in to my loan by a dealership. I always sent extra money to be applied to my Principal balance. It was never placed there When I questioned them about it no one knew anything. I lost my job. I got behind in my payments. When I contacted them to find out what my total balance due was they had added almost $200.00 to the amount owed. Again they could not tell me why. They are thieves. They have very dishonest business practices. They need to be put out of business!

• Wa
      10th of Apr, 2010

To Burned in the USA...Not that I am "standing up" for SST, however, if your name is not on the loan and your husbands is and you live in one of probably 10 states they can not legally give you any information...2 of the states have to have WRITTEN authorization. Trust me I know your frustration and I know several people that work there as well and they don't care about the consumers nor their employee's. I have to say there are a few that will go out of their way to help you, if you can catch the right person on the phone. I also want to remind everyone they only service the loan for whatever financial institute owns the loan. Good Luck to those who have loans...if you have any questions..let me know and maybe i can find some anwers for ya!

• Ki
      13th of Apr, 2010

has anyone contacted the Missouri division of finance and filed a formal complaint. they have their address and collections address in Missouri. File reports under Better business bureau also.
    for predatory lending, unfair practice acts, "debt-trap"
    comsumer protection agency. they are thief's . We are going after them.

• Un
      7th of May, 2010

I am having the exact same experience! I tried to make an extra payment a while back, and I got a letter from them saying that there were insufficient funds in my account and so I'd be charged a $30 fee. I called back confused, and they said that I should fax them a copy of my bank statement showing the available balance at the time of the draw, so I did that. Next, they told me that it wasn't insufficient funds but that I had entered the wrong account number, and that I should call my bank because they had stopped the payment. So I called my bank and then the bank customer service rep and I called SST back (because the bank had no record of any payment ever trying to be drawn from SST). Since they were telling me now that I had put in the inaccurate account number, I asked if they could tell me what number I put in so we could compare. Then the rep told me that they could only see the routing number and the last four of my account number (all of which were correct) and for security purposes they couldn't view the rest. OK then, how did you come to the conclusion that I put in the incorrect account number??? If that did happen, no problem, I'd pay the fee, but the rep told me that they have absolutely no way of showing that that had happened, but still somehow they were sure that it was my fault. AND THEN, the SST rep hung up on me and my bank's rep! This company has shockingly bad customer service. I'm definitely not done fighting this, and I intend to keep going up the chain until someone can tell me what account number they have on file. And I think I'll report the rep who hung up on me, just because...

• Ni
      30th of Jun, 2010

I am living a frigging nightmare and I can't wake up!! I don't know what to do with these people. I've called the 800 number to contact them. A computer puts me on hold with a few seconds of a little jingle. Then the jingle stops. You hold and hold and hold until you realize you are never going to speak to anyone. You don't know if you've been disconnected or still holding.

I have been going through a really bad financial situation. I talked to someone (wish I had her name, but it probably would be a fake name) and told her I could not make my March payment. She said "we can extend your loan 1 month or 2 if you want. I went for the 2. Okay thats great!!! Not!! Now I am paying a higher rate of interest and a higher payment.

I received a letter from them dated 6/16 in which they told me of a bank draft 6/28 for my 7/28 payment. I called them and you can see above what happened to me. I wanted to tell them to not do that as the money would not be there for the payment. I would not have the July payment. ( I receive my ss check before that payment is due, therefore I would have the money for that payment.)

Well, they did try to get my July payment. No funds available and I'm sure I will be punished by "SST" beyond anyone's imagination. Not to mention my $35 fee from the bank.

I AM SOOOOOO MAD! AND, I CAN'T EVEN GET IN TOUCH WITH THEM. FORGET ABOUT GETTING INFO ONLINE. YOU ARE NOT ABLE TO SEE PREVIOUS STATEMENTS TO SEE WHAT IS HAPPENING!!! I'm pulling my hair out!!!

I'VE SENT 2 EMAILS WITH NO RESPONSE WHEN I'M PRACTICALLY BEGGING AT THIS POINT FOR A RESPONSE.

What can we do with these scam artists??? I don't know how they can stay in business after seeing all of these negative comments.

DGS in Texas

• Ol
      6th of Jul, 2010

I want to say i am sorry you are having a hard time getting thru to SST. As a former employee I can tell you that was NOT my practice. I belive in treating everyone equally...but here are the numbers to SST:

866-935-4479

800-935-8001

866-935-4478

i hope you find this helpful...

oh, and if your curious i quit because they treat their employee's as badly as they do their customers...