Sst / Interest Rate

1 United States

I have an SST credit card. SST purchased my account from Providian. When this happened I learned that SST would NEVER increase my credit limit . . . which is hard if you are trying to build credit.
Recently I missed a payment by 2 days. I thought I had scheduled a payment, but when I went on the website to monitor that payment (which I always do) I saw that there was not a payment yet made. I immediately went on the website to make the payment, actually a greater payment that what was due.
I just received my most recent statement in the mail and my interest had gone from a fixed 9.99% to 26.99%. Needless to say I was shocked. I called the cc company and they admitted that I had never been late with a payment (before this last one) and never over the credit; however, with their terms even if you miss 1 payment the interest rate automatically goes up and will never come back down. This is ridiculous and I will be paying this cc off as soon as possible. I would suggest everyone boycott them. Seriously 3 times as much?????