Square Enix Play Online / charged despite account being cancelled
Signed up for an account back in September of 2008. Called and was on hold for approximately 45 minutes to cancel my account BEFORE October of 2008. Went to Iraq for 6 months, came back to a year-end statement showing I've been receiving charges from Square Enix Play Online since October.
Contacted the company (5/18/2009), and was informed there was 'no record' of my canceling the account and that the charges are legitimate---they will not be removing them--- despite RECORD that the account has not been accessed in ANY way since September of 2008. Offered to provide cell phone bill showing my call (and length of call time) to them, but they refused---saying unless I had a confirmation # for the cancellation there was nothing---not only that they couldn't do, but that they -wouldn't- do. Told them to check the 2nd account under the same phone # (my roomies'...canceled same day as mine with the same person)---they refused.
I'm out over $100.
More Square Enix Play Online Complaints & Reviews
- Square Enix PlayOnLine.com - fraudulent charge 
- Square Enix Play Online - unauthorized billing
- Square Enix, Inc - Merchandise - false advertising
- Square Enix Play Online - charging my credit card unauthoized
- Square Enix Co., Ltd. - keep charging and not cancelling
- Square Enix Holdings - hitman steelbook edition
- Square Enix - rise of the tomb raider xbox one x
- Square Enix - final fantasy vii
- Square Enix Playonline LTD - theft of funds from my debt card