Sports Authority / failure to honor offer
On 12/13, I went to check out a 60 dollar purchase with a coupon Sports Authority had mailed to me for $10 off a purchase of $50 or more. The coupon listed several exclusions, but not for anything I was buying. When I got to the register, there was a sign saying that as of 12/12, coupons could no longer be used for purchases of Under Armor, so since the UA sweatshirt was $45, my coupon did not work. The cashier was nice but firm, as was the manager I spoke to. I pointed out that the coupon listed several exclusions but did NOT list Under Armor, but they refused to honor their offer - 'company policy.'
I told them I had been looking forward to making this purchase, and had received great customer service in the store today, but when they refused to honor their offer, I left the items at the register and left the store.
I have four kids who are or will be playing sports, and Sports Authority is convenient to our house. But I will be making sure to go out of my way to patronize Dick's Sporting Goods and Model's, in hopes of finding a reputable, trustworthy company.
More Sports Authority Complaints & Reviews
- Sports Authority - return exchange policy 
- Sports Authority - Tennis Rackquet and Shoes 
- Sports Authority - Sold me a bike with the wrong tire, manager denied that it was the wrong tire 
- Sports Authority - I Can Laugh Now 
- Sports Authority - defective merchandise and bad customer service 
- Sports Authority - Treadmill service
- Sports Authority - Exchange 
- Sports Authority - bad service, twice
- Sports Authority - Reward Card 
- Sports Authority - Delivery and Assembly