Sports Authority / Terrible and frustrating online service

On December 12, I ordered a Detroit Tiger sweatshirt for my son for Christmas, supposedly to be shipped in "4-5 days". I called on the 21st around 9:00 pm, as it had not yet been shipped, sat on hold for over 30 minutes, only to have somebody finally answer then, after hearing my complaint, hang up in my ear.

I called back a second time, waited another 30 minutes or so, then was hung up on again! Finally, around 11:00 pm, a third time and after almost two hours, I spoke to a nicer lady who said she would push the shipping through. We just received the item today (December 27), and it was the wrong item!!!!! Most of their stuff can be purchased with other stores (Dicks, Dunhams, etc.) with much better customer service. I cannot say enough bad things about them. Do not order from these people! They are terrible and frustrating!

Va

Comments

• In
      5th of May, 2009

FYI: Sports Authority's website is franchised. The company doesn't run the site. It does not reflect how Sports Authority operates very well.

• Er
      14th of May, 2009

I bought a pair of running shorts on 5/9/09 while visiting family. When I got home 60 miles away and tried them on I found the magnetized plastic theft preventor still attached to the shorts and was unable to get it off, rendering the shorts unwearable. There is no Sports Authority where I live.

I called the store to complain. The manager was properly apologetic, but his only suggestion of help was that I take it to a nearby Big Five, which also has the same devices and ask if they would remove it. To me, that speaks volumes about the lack of interest in maintaining a positive corporate image and customer relations. I am not going to do that. I am going to hold on to the shorts until I'm over that way again, and then return them, and never shop at Sports Authority again.

If this is typical of this chain's attitude toward customers I can only think of two words: Circuit City (which, probably karmically, was located next door to this Sports Authority). Good riddance to poor corporations.

6th of Nov, 2010

So your "two words" were actually 18. So someone at Sports Authority made an honest mistake! It's comforting to know that you yourself are perfect and have never made a mistake yourself. You just finished saying that there was NO Sports Authority nearby. Then you complain because the manager, who was apologetic, tried to offer a solution that wouldn't require you to drive back. You being self righteous and perfect will have none of that and will hold on to them and return them never to shop there again. And while you're at it you'll probably [censor] at the cashier who had nothing to do with any of this because it will make you feel superior. Just what did you want them to do??? Drive over, remove the device, take you to dinner and then perhaps wash your car after sufficiently kissing your [censor]? Did you ever stop to think that people like yourself really aren't wanted ANYWHERE?