Sports Authority / Refuse to refund damaged product

Purchased golf club (driver) during July 2009 clearance sale. Upon very first use, the driver fractured. Returned club to store and was told that Sports Authority would not refund or offer store credit for damaged item, that this was between me and the manufacturer.

An

Comments

• Vm
      7th of Aug, 2009

thats very weird. I actually just quit my job at sports authority and we always took back damaged goods, for the full refund price if u had the recipt and for store credit if u didnt. but it had to have been returned within 90 days of the purchase. we also offer coverage plans for the golf clubs that would have sloved this problem with u. the coverage plans ARE through a diff company called NEW, they ARE leggit and work with mannnny retialers. but im not supprised that they didn't offer you the coverage plan based on their COMPLETE unprofessional attitude and twist on store polices. I would file a complaint with corp, and yes i would aslo call the manufacurer at this point. but DEFF file a complaint..they do take them seriously!

6th of Nov, 2010

So you buy a club, break it and want a refund. Reminds me of the two idiot customers who both lost one of their flippers and decided that they would just go ahead and return them. Guess what? It didn't work and both thought that was just the dumbest return policy they ever heard!