[Resolved] Spokeo.com / billing nightmare
Do not give your credit card number to Spokeo. They will bill it, bill it again, and keep billing it till you cancel your credit card. Your credit card company will take seriously Spokeo's contention that they have the right to keep billing you because they provide a "service." Think about it. It's tantamount to saying they have the right to steal because they want to.
Customer care service did everything in their power to resolve this complaint. All attempts to contact the complainant have failed. Therefore, this complaint has been annulled and must not be considered where image of the company in question and it's services are concerned.
Spokeo Customer Care's Response, Nov 15, 2013
We are very sorry that you have been inconvenienced and are aware of the potential dangers at stake when processing online credit and debit transactions.
Spokeo is a people search engine that allows you to search for people by name, phone number, address, email or username to get more public information on that person.
At Spokeo, we make sure that unauthorized payment submissions are minimized by employing a multi-step payment process. To prevent unauthorized subscribers, customers are required to enter their personal email address (which serves as the customer's login) and select the appropriate subscription package (3-month, 6-month, and 12-month). Lastly, the customer is asked to enter their credit information, including the 3-digit CVS code (only the cardholder has this information) and check a box indicating that they are aware of our terms, subscription costs and plan specifications. As we do require the CVS code, unauthorized charges generally can only be possible if the card has been physically stolen.
Please contact our support team at [protected]@spokeo.com with mention of this complaint, and our representatives will be happy to resolve any issues you may have.
Spokeo Customer Care's Response, Feb 02, 2016
Spokeo Customer Care's Response, Jun 27, 2016
Dear K Alemany,
We are sorry to hear about this. It sounds like there is an active subscription on your account. Please contact our Customer Care Team so that we may assist you further with this at 1-888-906-0850 or email [protected]@spokeo.com.
More Spokeo.com Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Spokeo Online Service - deceptive advertising and ripoff 
- [Resolved] Spk Spokeo - unauthorized credit card charges 
- [Resolved] Spokeo.com - they will not give you a refund when you discover their site is a scam 
- Spokeo.com - spokeo deception 
- [Resolved] Spokeo - refund, cancell membership today 30 days later by credit card 
- [Resolved] Spokeo - spokeo
- [Resolved] Spokeo.com - my opinion of them couldn't be worse
- [Resolved] Spokeo.com - spokeo is fraudulent and a scam
- [Resolved] Spokeo.com - every phone number I typed in came back to the wrong person
- [Resolved] Spokeo - .95 one time charge turned into $19.99 reoccurring charge?