Spirit Incentives / Non-compliance to their agreements

We joined Global Vacations and received a free 2 night stay from Spirit. We have been working hard for 7 months to try to receive our "free" 2 night stay. It seems like they have a system in place that encourages not using their service because they change things along the way, don't verify any dates and then they pass, etc. To which it looks like our time will be up (1 year) and we will not be able to use this "free" service.

I must say it is certainly not "free" of anxiety and time usage as you try to get a hold of people and finish their cumbersome process. Not to mention the 80+ dollars in deposit and taxes for the hotel I hope we receive back!

This should be illegal - but I'm sure their lawyers know all the boundaries. Too bad!

Comments

15th of Feb, 2008

Well I went 2 a 90 minute/3 hour to get the trip that was offered. They tell you to go on-line & pick your dates....I can't even do that. They say my certificate number isn't valid. I've called..(long distance)was put on hold for 12 minutes..and was told to try again.They assured me it would work..well it's been almost 2 weeks & I still can't log on..so far I've lost almost three months..is this hell I've entered.My last e-mail I just asked for my $50 back. We'll see what happens.

16th of Jun, 2008

I won two vouchers at a home and garden show by spinning a wheel and it landed on free trip. Well free is funny because nothing is EVER free. I happily chose Myrtle Beach and prepared for the fun. Mailed in 50.00 because I was so excited only to receive it back stating that the certificate is void because the company did not put a date on it. Ok!! They had us sign a paper that we won just call them and verify a date. Thank God they did return my check and now I see all this emails saying they are non compliant with there word. So I guess I am kind of lucky. I will plan my trip the most economical way for my family and myself without the headache from Sprit Incentives. If anyone hears they won a trip run and don't look back.