SPD Warranty Program / Scam - advertise letter is fake.

I got a letter saying, I recieved a 2nd to extend my vehicle coverage. My vehicle is over eight years and mfg warranty has expired years ago. How could a company get my information -unless from the dealership which I usually get my repairs done..

Company scamming people. Address is
SPD Warranty Program
300 North Tucker
St. Louis, MO 63101
[protected]

Le

Comments

• Jb
      14th of Jul, 2009

Yeah, they said I bought my car 3 months ago... it was 3 YEARS ago, & the gal on the phone said it was "an easy typo." HUH? They also inferred that they're the company that provides the extended warranties at the car dealerships. Oh, & if I don't buy the warranty during this initial call, I won't be eligible to buy bumper-to-bumper coverage later. Sure... I have a bridge for sale, too!

• Ga
      29th of Jul, 2009

Mymom said that they wouldn't let her hang up and kept telling her that the offer would no longer be valid otherwise. She fell in the palm and gave them her debit card. A day later she told me and I called to cancel it. It took about 4 transfers from Quinn to Bill ID#1093 who was trying to convince me not cancel and would not hear what I had to say... CANCEL and that is all I am looking to get from this call... wow talk about overbearing sales men they gave me an attitude and said that the credit would be applied to the debit in 3-4 days... so I will write back to let you know the outcome. How can these people sleep at night!!! Bunch of theives!!!

• Cj
      3rd of Aug, 2009

WE also recieved one of these letters. My car is still under the factory warranty and it has a lifetime powertrain guarantee (thank you, Chrysler corp.!!) I would also like to know how they got this information. My husband's name was the only one on the letter, yet, I am also on the title, so they even got only part of the owners names. Ho did they know what make and model we have? It used to be that we and everyone we know were getting calls about "this is your last chance to extend your warranty"; even old people that I care for in our local nursing home were getting calls and they haven't even had cars in many years! I was going to call the number and tell them off, but after reading that it's hard to get off the phone with them, I won't, but, HEY!!! If you are affilicated with these bunch of crooks and are reading this, and I hope that you are; you can go take a flying leap!!! And, we are plannng on turning this letter over to our local police.

• Li
      4th of Aug, 2009

Thank you for all your comments. I got the same letter not so long ago. This company has been harrasing non stop! SPD warranty program needs to be reported for scamming.

I will be scanning the letter and sending it via email to spam@uce.gov.

• Cl
      13th of Aug, 2009

I received the letter today. They had my correct name and address but I have never owned the vehicle listed. Has anyone else received a letter with just a random car listed? It got me wondering if someone else is using my name/credit. I was going to call the company, but it sounds like these people are a bunch of criminals. Thank you all for your input.

• Le
      18th of Aug, 2009

In Kentucky - my sister got scammed yesterday by this company and in less than 3 hours they had taken the deposit from her checking account. They are now telling her she has to wait for the policy to arrive in the mail (up to 10 days) before she can cancel. The bank is telling her she may not get her $500 back because she gave them access to her account. What I don't understand with all these complaints, and it is very obvious they are scamming people, WHY ARE THEY STILL ALLOWED TO OPERATE AS A BUSINESS. I also got a letter but did not fall for the scam. My sister is 68 years old and does not need someone stealing her money this late in life.

18th of Aug, 2009

I just received one of these letters today. The language of the letter is very similar to the annoying phone calls I was receiving over the last year or two on both my cell and unlisted home number. I've talked with others who have also received the phone calls, and it seems these people can and will get at any and all of information that they can find about you. The whole thing really makes me mad, especially when I hear stories like Leeannsu's above. I'm surprised that there hasn't been any crackdown on these people yet. What's taking law enforcement so long?

• Ri
      20th of Aug, 2009

I also received the same letter and agree with the above comments. Thanks to those of you for taking the time to expose this scam to us who "google" stuff like this before we fall for the charade.

21st of Aug, 2009

Here's a classic. I live in NC and got one of these scam letters today with my name but my sister's car listed. It's obviously bull--it and the only way I can figure it is that I registered my old clunker of a Buick a month ago and they somehow got a hold of a mailing list. Could this be from a DMV? Insurance? I don't know where they got it from.

Then, when they got a hold of this info I'm assuming they were able to find out what cars are registered to this address and they just picked the newest one.

Well, she's going to call the dealer and anyway, we're moving today and there won't be any forwarding. I'll let you folks know what the dealer has to say.

• Re
      22nd of Aug, 2009

We received the same letter from them yesterday. It is addressed to our Aunt, who past away 4 years ago at 92. It says she has a 2004 Corvette which is too funny because she never learned to drive. I wonder what color Corvette she picked!

22nd of Aug, 2009

My scamometer pegged on this warranty program, especially since we never owned the vehicle that the SPD warranty program wanted us to extend our insurance coverage with.

• Pi
      23rd of Aug, 2009

I want to know how they get this info. I got a new address, and paid cash for my vehicle 5 years ago in another state from my neighbor. All repairs have been made by me. Now this letter says my ONE MONTH OLD vehicle will expire? No wonder we don't trust anybody.

• Ca
      23rd of Aug, 2009

I too just recieved one of these letters. They have the type of vehicle, year and time I've owned it correct. The only way they could get this information is from your Dept. of Licenceing in whatever state you live in. Anyone can get this info for a fee. Anyone who gets one of these letters should call your Attorney General in the state in which you live and report them.

• Un
      23rd of Aug, 2009

I received one of these letters yesterday too. It didn't even have the right car on it. They said I owned a 2003 Deville. Funny... my car doesn't look like a Cadillac. It still looked like a Scion to me. I will be reporting these idiots.

• Ca
      25th of Aug, 2009

Thank you so much for everyone's comments. I got the same letter. It's now in the circular file!

• Ge
      26th of Aug, 2009
    SPD Warranty Program - sent me a leter about a warranty expiring for a car I never owned
    New York
    New York

I received a letter about an expiring warranty for a car I never owned. Says its a second reminder too. SCAM!!!

• Bn
      26th of Aug, 2009

I agree, I received a letter that my vehicle warranty was about to expire, which it's not because it's a 2008, with less than 30, 000 miles. Also, the letter was addressed to my father, who did not co-sign when I bought the car or the warranty. I already have an extended warranty, that is NOT through this company. They claim that my coverage is expired or about to expire, and that the letter was my second notice, I don't recall receiving the first notice. I do not know how this company got my information about me and my vehicle, and why it is addressed to my father. I just went to the St. Louis BBB website, and SPD Warranty program went to court after being investigated and sued last year. They are NOT BBB accredited, and the BBB gave the company an "F" rating. The site also said that 235 complaints were filed. Everyone please do not respond or do business with this company!!

• De
      27th of Aug, 2009

I received a letter in the mail and I called because my 2006 bumper to bumper warranty is about to expire in October. So, I called the first time, and the guy on the other end could not give me pricing, tried to put me on a 12 month to 18 month payment plan - Once I started questioning because this is my third vehicle and I know alittle about the warranty plan - he hung up on me. So, I called back and acted as if I did not call. A BMW extended warranty is 2k, they tried to tell me it would be 5, 995.00 over a 18month, with 595.00 down now and 297.00 a month. I told the guy he was f'ing crazy! He hung up on me... DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY. THE letter was from SPD Warranty Program, 300 North Tucker, St. Louis, MO 63101, phone number 877-246-1190.. Do not reply to them..

• Fr
      27th of Aug, 2009

I have received at least 10 - 2nd reminders from this people. I have heard that there are a lot of scams going on from these extended warranty companies, so I decided to do some reserch on them and this was the first site I found. Thank you all for your input. From now on I won't even open them.

• Mg
      28th of Aug, 2009

/29/09 12:15pm
    OMG!! I received the same letter from SPD Warranty Program 300 North Tucker, St Louis, MO 63101 877-241 1193!!! I called spoke to a "Sheana" who was trying to sell me full coverage for 5 years for the amount of $2755 or coverage for just engine and transmission for $2200. I told her I would need to talk it over with my husband, I could not commit to this at this time. I aske if she can send me something via email or regular mail, she said there was nothing to send out. She said I can hold the coverage amount with a deposit of $150 for 30 days and I can canel and get at refund at that time, if I chose to. I still told her that I would have to talk it over, she was not understanding and getting pushy, so I hung up and googled the company and found all the statements of this being a fake!!! wow!!