Southtree.com / Legacybox

1-5 Chattanooga, TN, United States Review updated:

I purchased a Starter Legacybox and shipped 25 film negatives, a micro cassette and a videotape together in the labeled box the company provided me on July 2015. This company lost all my film negatives and micro cassette upon arrival and still has not located my property. They have done very little to try and locate my irreplaceable items. They never return phone calls; any contact has always been initiated by me. When I first contacted Southtree about this problem the customer service manager even implied that I might not have shipped the items. They have an excuse for everything and do not take responsibility for their negligence in handling my valuables. Essentially, they tell you it's a process and they have to wait to see if my items will show up. I never get the impression they are actively looking for my things. The one item I did receive back was shipped back to me in a box with another customer's order number(Safe label system they touted would prevent loss). When I asked if they were contacting other customers that may have received my items in error I was told that could not be done. This company has only given me a partial refund and only after several phone calls. This company has been indifferent at best and does not care they lost my irreplaceable memories.

Re
Nov 28, 2015

Comments

23rd of Jun, 2018

If you send Super-8 films with sound, Legacybox will not duplicate the audio. The product you get back will be silent. They don't mention this in their promotional material or when you ship the films to them. It is mentioned several levels down on their webpage. Most people would assume that if they send in sound film, they will get sound in return.