South Beach Diet Enterprises / SBD Enterprisesdiet program, cancellation policy, unauthorized charges

I originally ordered this product in February 2018 and charged it to my Paypal credit. The following month they wanted to send me out another 30 day supply. I said no, I had not tried all the food and I would call them to order when I knew what I liked. The following month the same thing happened, email, they will send another 30 day supply. I called them and stated I wanted to cancel.
They said I would be charged $125. I stated there was nothing stating they would be charging such a fee. I asked to speak to supervisor. Never received a call back. The next month same email. I responded by email this time. Sent to Kathleen Malone and again canceled the program. No response. On June 21st there was a 30 day supply of food from the South Beach Diet. They were able to charge my paypal acct for this product that I did not order. I called Fed Ex to come and get this product as I did not order it. Fed Ex picked up the product. I filed a claim with Paypal. They are making me wait 10 days before they reverse the $307.98. During that time I am being charge $30 every time my bank covers my bills. South Beach states they do not accept returns and they do not do refunds. Then why do they process illegal orders that have not been placed by a customer and submit illegal billing for payment? South Beach has the phone calls and emails documented, so why would they still proceed with sending out food that I have not ordered. I am requesting that South Beach return my $307.98 and pay the $200 in additional bank fees that I have had to suffer through while going through this horrific ordeal.

• Updated by Marina LaGarde, Jun 29, 2018

I decided to see if there were other complaints listed against this company and there were 22 that came up, some resolved and some were not. What was consistent in each complaint was 1. The food was not edible, people didn't lose weight 2. There was no indication of a cancellation fee of $125.00 3. Most complainants could not speak to someone with authority, got the runaround most of the time and a number of individuals had to pay for an additional box of food that they ended up throwing away. In looking at the resolved complaints and aside from the above-listed consistencies, what I found consistent with these, were the responses from the company. Their response appeared to be a cookie cutter response as if it was a one size fits all response. They did not respond to the individual concerns listed in the complaint and the company acted as though they made numerous attempts to contact the complainant. I question that response because over the almost six months my calls and emails went unanswered. A company that acts in a manner as this company has, should not have the opportunity to use the services available to businesses that allows them to grow their business. When customers go out of their way to file a complaint it is because they have been treated unfairly. The customer service dept. of any business is given the authority to make the customer whole again, however, this company made no efforts to win the customers over with their honesty or integrity. This company refers you to the website that has the information about the cancellation fee and reoccurring payments. The website from cell phones is not the same as the one online. This company does a lot of illegal actions and practices bad faith. They should not be allowed to get away with it.

• Hello.

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are very sorry to hear about the trouble you had cancelling your program and for any confusion regarding our auto-delivery option.

With auto-delivery, members receive a discount off of the full retail value of the package for agreeing to receive at least two orders. By ordering on our website, you are agreeing to having read and accepted the Terms and Conditions which outline the time frame on the plan and the early cancellation fee. We do have a standard fee of $125 when discontinuing your auto-delivery program prior to accepting the second auto-delivery order. This is due to the auto-delivery discounts received on the first order. We have both A La Carte and one-time ordering options available as well, however, these do not receive the same discounts as our auto-delivery plans. We are very sorry again for this confusion and any inconvenience caused.

If you have any further questions or concerns regarding your account, please feel free to send us an email to [protected]@southbeachdiet.com referencing this review.

We wish you the best and hope you have a great day.

- The South Beach Diet Consumer Experience Team

• Updated by Marina LaGarde, Sep 14, 2018

I replied to South Beach Diet Consumer Experience Team and advised them they were not addressing the issue wherein it is allowing them to charge customers the $125 for cancellation because their food is not tasty and is not worth it once you get the first order. I requested that they reimbursement for the $200 in bank fees I had to pay because of them charging my card for the second box of food they sent when I had sent them two emails plus made calls and spoke to their staff advising them I did not want them to send any more. They did not address any of those points that I brought out. They made no attempts to reimburse me for the fees they cost me. I went back to see the complaints that were filed against them and they indicate that the complaints were required to be considered resolved because they reached out to the complainant and received no response. I will always respond so they cannot close my complaint that way and I bet those people who complained have no idea that South Beach was reaching out to them. And I will bet you they were not offering to reimburse them for the $125 they had to pay.

• Hello.

Thank you for your feedback as it helps us to improve. We do have a standard fee when discontinuing auto-delivery prior to receiving the second order. This is due to the auto-delivery discounts received on the first order. We have both A La Carte and one-time ordering options available, however, these do not receive the same discounts as our auto-delivery plans. We apologize for this confusion and any inconvenience caused

We wish you the best and hope you have a great day.

- The South Beach Diet Consumer Experience Team

Ma
Jun 29, 2018

Comments

Sep 14, 2018

It would have been nice if your Consumer Experience Team would have read my complaint. I spoke with a number of your staff and that was the reason for the complaint. Your company has set up these practices that leave the customer with no means of return, refund and yet your website that advertises from other social websites do not contain the information about $125 cancellation fee or that you are signing up for auto-delivery. You seem to not care about that fact. Sure your official site has that information and you direct your customers there but you do not bother to go to the sight where your customers are directed to from another website like facebook.