South African Broadcasting Corporation [SABC] / illegitimate licence back charges
Hello, Just spent 18 minutes waiting for the customer relations department to explain my case...18 minutes is unacceptable. As I was paying for the call I gave up in frustration.
To keep it quick, up until June 2008 we lived in Paulshof JHB, paying our SABC licences annually. We sold our Pauslshof house (sole property) and informed SABC that we wished to cancel (along with all other SA financial commitments). We moved to Dubai (until 2017) & recently re-located back to SA. Whilst in Dubai - our people who bought our Paulhof house forwarded mail - which to our surprise included further bills and threataning attorney letters, we responded to these saying that we were out of the country etc. That was some 10 years ago.
We can of course prove that we were out of the country [protected] (both from my Dubai employer and passport info'). This can be ratified at our local police station.in this period we clearly had no need to access any South African broadcasting products.
Today I went to replace a TV, I have an outstanding amount of over R5, 000. Clearly I've been illegitimately charged for the period that I was In the UAE - [protected]. As a resolution I would like a refund (broadcasting fees and fines) for that period of our absence from South Africa.
My account number is [protected].
More South African Broadcasting Corporation [SABC] Complaints & Reviews
- Sabc 2 - sabc2 cancelled naruto 
- SABC TV - legal action for tv license 
- VVM Attorneys % SABC - sabc tv license 
- SABC VVM Attorneys - unwilling to close tv licence 
- SABC / TV Licences - tv license fee for a pensioner / concession application
- South African Broadcasting Corporation [SABC] - demanding payment when I have submitted proof that I am a paid up customer. I have sent many emails and proof.
- SABC - tv licence cancellation
- South African Broadcasting Corporation [SABC] - tv license
- South African Broadcasting Corporation [SABC] - annual fee
- South African Broadcasting Corporation [SABC] - noise pollution in sabc radio broadcasts