Sony SXRD tv 60 in / optical block

TX, United States Review updated:

I am extremely disappointed & frustrated with Sony's deceptive & cheap products. They claim high standards but fail to stand by their product. I have attempted to have them repair/replace my supposedly HD TV that has a horrible green haze all over the screen. They were well aware of the faulty issue with this model of TV but refuse to act to make things right. I will never buy purchase another sony product again & when I hear of anyone even thinking of purchasing a Sony product I will be sure to warn them of what has happened to me & many others.

Vr
Feb 20, 2013

Comments

•   Mar 04, 2013

Good afternoon VR2007!

This is Pat Kennedy from Sony Support USA.

I am very sorry to hear about the poor experience that you have had with your Television and Sony's customer service.

If you email us at [protected]@am.sony.com we will be more than happy to review your case and see if there is anything that we can do to assist you. In the email, please be sure to include a description of the problems you are having, any event ID numbers that you have, and your contact information.

Please refer to Event ID number E57073933 in your message.

Feb 21, 2014

I'd be willing to bet that Sony Support's proposed resolution to this problem was a 15% off coupon at the Sony store. And everyone knows that Best Buy and Amazon prices are better than what you'll get with Sony even after Sony's worthless coupon. And then there will be a follow up email stating that they are sorry that they cannot resolve every problem, the TV is out of warranty, it's a gesture of goodwill, etc. etc. How do I know this - I went through it with Sony TV Event #E57765746. In Sony's dreamland, I apparently accepted this 15% off coupon as compensation for buying their defective TV. I never accepted anything, but they informed me otherwise. Regardless, I never used their coupon and I purchased a Samsung as a replacement for the SXRD TV that Sony knew was defective when it was built (check "additional history" at https://sites.google.com/site/sonylcdrptvproblems/#TOC-Optical-block-problems---Sony-discount-settlement-program). Anyone who experiences this problem with their SXRD TV should start pricing LG and Samsung TVs now. There won't be any satisfactory resolution with Sony.