Sony LCD / Poor response of complaint

IN Review updated:

TV got switched off automatically on 18.08.09 with red LED blinking on the standby display and further date wise status is as follows:

1.Complaint was made thro’ customer cares on 19.08.2009 vide no 4192591. Sony representative visited on 20.08.2009 who could not make any observations and we were told to make video recording for the whole event, if it occurs again.

2.The TV stopped again on 20.08.2009 and when it was again switched on, the TV switched off with red LED blinking after 1 minute.

3.Complaint was made again thro’ customer cares on 21.08.2009 vide no 4201875 and the Shri Anil Kumar visited on 22.08.2009 and observed the problem.

4.I personally followed up with customer care on 24.08.2009 and on 27.08.2009 and was told to meet officials in the Sony office. Today I tried to meet the concerned officials, but in vain.

5.To our utter surprise we got a call from Shri Deepak Shah on 28.08.2009 stating that Sony can replace the part only. Here I would draw your attention that when the parts were replaced in the TV (belonging to Shri Alok kumar Srivastava, a colleague of mine in NTPC), the TV did not work satisfactorily and subsequently the TV was replaced by Sony India.

6.While discussing the matte wit my friend Shri H.S Saini, I again came to know that he also experienced the same problem in Sony LCD TV.

Comments

• Vk
      Jul 28, 2012
    Sony LCD - MY LCD is not working
    SONY
    India

my lcd (KLV26555OA) S.NO - 6156426 PURCHASE DATE - 06-04-10 is not working since
    27-12-2012 please repair it

•   Jul 30, 2012

Greetings vkmittal1!

My name is Pat Kennedy and I work for the Sony Support USA Team and as such are not familiar with the processes and procedures for Sony in other countries/regions. We provide information and support for Sony's products manufactured for sale and use in the United States.

Please relay your issue to our Support Center for India at: http://www.sony.co.in/section/support

Please feel free to contact Sony at your convenience and thank you!