Sony India Private Limited / Faulty television set

1 India Review updated:

I am against at the kind of product Sony sells to gullible customers like me who purchased the color television set Model No DA29M80 , Registration No 0273627, Serial No 6200177 on 18.9.2005 by paying a hefty amount of Rs 47,500 from the Sony world Show room at Noida. The Sony world people marketed that I am purchasing a TV which is futuristic and better than other company products. He even told me that I purchasing a trouble free television. However right from the day one I noticed that the color was not proper. However when the service center person came, he stated that I have purchased a very good product and In need not worry about teh color as it is a transmission problem. However exactly after the completion of warranty period on 25th December 2006, the television started giving me yellow picture. Firstly the service center people told me that I have to carry the Tv to their place, but when i protested they agreed to come to my home to check it. After checking he tells me that some chrome Board has to be replaced which will cost me around 7 thousand. I fail to understand how can such a new television give such a problem as early as little over one year. I have not purchased a Chinese product. I have paid a fortune for an ordinary 29 inch TV as it was a HDD technology. At home I have an audio system, handycam and even a flash drive of Sony. The attitude of the service center is less said the better. They are interested only in their service charges. This cannot happen to a television like SONY. My opinion about tis company has gone. And I suggest everyone do not buy Sony products!

Comments

16th of Aug, 2007

I bought the same TV same model with more than the price you mentioned - mine was around 63K... That time the DRC-MF just got discontinued and this one got launched. Model DA29M80 - From Sony World at NOIDA sec-18.
    Man.. I got the same problem within 5 months after buying the product - which they took to Mathura road [ for they mentioned it needs to change a board - which needs to be ordered from outside ] - after repeated complaints/requests I got my TV repaired back after 36 days. Now, after 2 years I got the same problem - it was flickering between yellow mode and incorrect-color mode before it become permanently yellow mode. Well it looks like a B/W TV now - white is not pure - it is yellowish-greenish - with thick raster-lines visible - and now I have to complain this to the service center - I am scared now - for it seems this one to be a design defect of this model.

I will appreciate - if Sony rep leaves few comments on this product.

I will update this site or wherever - regarding how it progresses with SONY Post sales support - let's see - how much they care for their customer.