[Resolved] Sono Bello / scam! stay away!

1 WA, United States Review updated:

I agree, stay away from Sono Bello! I went there for a free consultation, and subsequently went for 2 other consultations with "real" plastic surgeons before selecting a doctor for my procedure. The experiences at the other two offices were different as night & day from the high pressure cheesy sales tactics at Sono Bello.

First of all, I was told at SB that I would not even meet the doctor until the day of surgery! That alone should be enough to make you run away. My consultation was with a saleswoman who has no medical training and frankly lied to me on many points (including volunteering that they have "never had a case of lidocaine toxicity" when in fact I learned later that they had - a woman had recently died after surgery at SB.)

There were so many other lies and half-truths, and a lot of pressure to put a deposit down right now to secure a spot, fully refundable up to 2 weeks before the procedure. Stupidly, I made the mistake of putting down a deposit only because of the full refund assurance, and some concern about scheduling - and when I called hours later that day to say the timing would not work and I wanted to cancel, I got put through the most unbelievable run-around for over a week before they finally did issue a refund. Very sleazy business practices.

Finally, you would think at least their pricing must be good, given that they are all about ramming as many people through their system as quickly as possible - but no, they actually wanted $7000 for a procedure that two other highly regarded surgeons offered for only $4000!

Do yourself a favor, maybe save your life, stay away from this place!

• Resolution statement

• LMS98004, I’m the director of patient care here at Sono Bello and I wanted to follow up with you regarding your post. I’m glad to hear your friend had a good experience with us and apologize that yours wasn’t better. All the doctors at Sono Bello are board certified physicians with excellent credentials but that doesn’t matter unless we can create a comfortable atmosphere for you. If you can help me with additional feedback I would appreciate it. You can reach me at [protected]@sonobello.com. Thank you.

• Hello Spot, I’m the director of patient care here at Sono Bello and I hope you found a clinic you were comfortable with and had the procedure done. It sounds like we may have fallen down in a couple of areas during your experience with us and for that we are sorry. If you would be willing to give me more insight into your experience and what we can do to continually improve you can reach me at [protected]@sonobello.com.

• Irid,

Thank you for your comments. I’m the director of patient care here at Sono Bello and I would invite you to check us out for yourself. You are correct that there have been several negative complaints about our company. This is very unfortunate because to date we have had the privilege of performing over 4, 300 procedures. Although we aren’t happy that there have been some negative comments I can assure you that we’ll do everything we can to make sure each individuals experience is great. All of our doctors are board certified physicians and our entire staff works very hard to ensure the best outcomes for all our patients. I would be happy to facilitate a consultation if you would be interested in giving us a chance to earn your business. You can contact me at [protected]@sonobello.com.

• Sono Bello would like to address many of the online reviews regarding our procedures and practices. Please visit http://sonobello.com/open-reviews/ for more information.

Sp

Comments

• Si
      12th of Nov, 2009

Actually you SHOULD do your research, they have some of the top Plastic Surgeons in the area (I checked)! Not one surgeon there is a recent graduate, they only hire Doctors with liposuction experience (I checked), they also perform over 200 surgeries a month so they must be doing something right (yep.. I checked). I had this procedure 3 months ago and trust me I did my research.. I not only had an an amazing result but absolutely loved the staff that ultimately changed my life.. I met with Sara too and felt a little unsure so requested to speak with the doctor which she arranged and again, I have been nothing but happy. So you should have kept researching and requested to consult with the doctor.. you would have been surprised!

• Lo
      31st of May, 2018

@silverbell I'm glad that you had a positive experience, but I also had a horrible experience. I met with my surgeon, Dr. Raine and one of the leading surgeons (Schaumburg, IL), and I have absolutely NO visible or measurable results. I've contacted everyone I could find there and they will not respond to me. Now I am left to advocate for myself and file complaints with all local, state and federal boards.

• Sw
      8th of Nov, 2018

@silverbell A friend of mine had her very first baby late in life.(42) While she was excited, she also didn't really advertise the fact she was pregnant til the end of her pregnancy, due to the stigma. For two years, she raised that sweet boy, & even started a side business w him as her lil star helper.
    She went into the Dr for a minor surgery on her belly fat and she Never EVER came home.
    If it sounds too good to BELIEVE, ...it IS!
    Stay away from ANY place claiming immediate weight loss. It's not gonna happen. Walk away from tragedy waiting to happen!

• Zo
      17th of Nov, 2009

One person just died from the liposuction in Bellevue, WA. Apparently from lidocine intoxication.
    Price you pay for vanity, I guess. It's really not worth it. What's wrong with diet and exercise.

• La
      5th of Jan, 2017

@Zortek Any medical facility with the sheer amount of patients seen there is always a risk for anesthesia complications which include death. That is a risk even when you get your tonsils out. I am a patient at Sonobello and I can tell you this, I have went back for multiple procedures and my experience was absolutely phenomenal as well as the results

5th of Jun, 2017

@Zortek Diet and exercise does not work for 99% of people thats why.

• Do
      22nd of Jul, 2017

@John_Davidson Cool Sculpt is a scam also. It only works if you are already have a perfect shape.

25th of Jul, 2017

@John_Davidson Only because 99% of people don't do it. This IS America after all. Home of the lazy idiots. Like John Davidson.

• Ni
      24th of Oct, 2018

@John_Davidson After loosing 15 stone I can tell you that diet and exercise work amazing it’s all about changing your lifestyle however I was in the gym but couldn’t get rid of the hangover skin on my stomach and had a tummy tuck which revealed a 6 pack so body perfect really stands within you I wish you all well with your journey my story is online Nicole Miller weight loss I’m from the U.K. anyway much love to you all and if you want surgery have it why not but change the way you think before you do anything else xx

• Da
      26th of Nov, 2009

we now have a FB forum

• Ir
      4th of Feb, 2010

I ALMOST went in for a consultation.. Thank fully I did plenty of research and Sono Bello does not sound to be safer then any other lipo procedure done by other competitor. This is not the first time I have heard Sono Bello has no "real" surgeons on staff at the time of the consultation. This automatically should be a RED FLAG. This Karen Shaw is a not a surgeon but only a sales person whom supposedly was fired by Sono Bello, after a lady from Bellevue was severely burnt in a procedure performed by Shaw herself... Months later.. Another lady came forward with another complain of a procedure done by Karen Shaw. ..VERY VERY SHADY.. Seems to me like Sono Bello is very slick and lies A LOT... I'd say 4 out of 5 women are getting bad results from this place.. Are you willing to be one of the 4? Its so stupid to assume that because a place does over 200 surgeries a month its a good place.. McDonalds sell thousands of burgers a month. Does this mean their food is healthy?? NOOO…. Sono Bello has good marketing and the whole concept of losing inches in less time and almost no time to heal is outstanding.. But from all I have read in many different sites and seen on the NEWS… This only makes me wonder, how many of their surgeries per month are actually successful? How many ppl sit at home regretting spending all this money and no results.. or worse.. health issues.. I bet you close to 50% of their procedures had something wrong… I’m basing it on all the complains ppl have made against them.. Ladies, it amazes me how many of you due to vanity have actually spend this much money... crazy.. I am guilty of vanity to an extend but I wont ever place my life on the line like that… DO THE REASEARCH… U might find a few happy clients.. but if the complaint percentage is more then 1% DON’T DO IT.

25th of Jul, 2017

@Irid Sorry lady, but using mcdonalds as your reference tells me why you need/want sono bello. First, let make it known that McDonald's has never and will never make a claim that their food is healthy. They have several items on the menu that are a "more healthy" choice. But that's not the same thing. I sounds like you have a personal vendetta against this woman as you repeatedly mention her first and last name. Sono bello uses no blades, no huge gauge suction needles that pierce your body, they don't cut you open and perform surgery, therefore they do NOT need board certified surgeons performing this procedure. You seem to be someone who relies on your opinion as though it's fact. The reality is that 90% of "clinics" in the country are operated by non doctors. If you're not performing surgery, what on earth would you need surgeons for? I realize that I'm writing this on the tail end of a decade after your review and that you'll never read it.

• Ra
      30th of May, 2018

@Noodle Stinkhammer Sounds like an inside comment...Why would you try to change ones opinion. Because it doesn't match yours doesnt make it wrong.. They explained their situation and you just started defending SB. Why would you do that without a vested interest??????????

• Tr
      14th of Feb, 2010

I went in this week for a consultation with Sarah. I thought she was very honest and sweet. I think the personal attack on her appearance is unnecessary and hurtful, I can't imagine you would want someone to go on the internet and attack your appearance or you wouldn't be seaking plastic surgery yourself. She is obviously supposed to get you to have the procedure there, it's her job. If she didn't, she wouldn't be employed there and someone else would have. Never once did anyone say she was a nurse or doctor. Before you do anything, you should get yourself informed and know everything you can prior to any procedures. I didn't rely on the consultant to tell me. She answered all the clarifying questions I had and never claimed it would be some miracle or something painless. I thought she was adorable (I wish I could look like her, though that just never will happen) and she was very nice. People need to start being nicer to each other and we will all be happier.

• La
      5th of Jan, 2017

@TracyLa My consultation went very well my procedures were done at the Scottsdale location. I did not feel high pressure and even though you see a consultant for us that's not a medical professional you have a consultation prior to your procedure with a doctor.

• Ru
      9th of Apr, 2010

I have seen SO MANY negative reviews against Sono Bello and after each one there is someone from Sono Bello responding in hopes to counteract that negative comment. Looks like they have paid lots for PR advise. This company seems so shady. I've just learned that they are now in my city, San Antonio and have started advertising. I immediately went the the reviews and they have all been negative. I hope my fellow San Antonians do the same and read reviews before making any appointments.

• Je
      1st of Jun, 2010
    Best Best Advice +14 Votes

I can't believe you went through all that, it made me have sympathy pains like none other, so detailed. I was thinking about going into sonobello but now I definitely can't see myself having to go through what you did.

• Kh
      6th of Jul, 2010

It is all about the money with this place. If you were a GOOD Dr why would you go work for a place that lines you up like cattle to suck out fat instead you meet with some girl who barely knows anything about the procedure and then meet the DR on the DAY OF YOUR PROCEDURE! No Thanks! I went into their Scottsdale office, in which was very cold and unfriendly and then after the short, uneducated sales pitch I started talking to a few friends about Sonobello and come to find out a friend of another friend had a procedure there and then had to have her fat taken from another area of her body in hopes to fix the botched job they did the first time by putting fat back into the original area. WHAT!! Go to a REAL plastic surgeon! This place is a joke!

• Ju
      2nd of Sep, 2010

I was planning to go check this place out, but hearing all this reviews scared me so I changed my mind. I totally agree with one of the bloggers on here, if you have heared 2 or more negative stories about (quack, joke, "it's all about money) association DON'T GO to it! I've been hearing this SB commercial alot lately on the radio and boy" they make it sound so great! they must have paid this radio stations big time! to get patients in?.
    I feel bad for that one lady that died in Seattle after getting her lipo., totally not worth it..I wouldn't go even if they pay me...Scary stuff!

• Su
      21st of Sep, 2010

I am so glad I saw this blogs before going. I had an appointment today for a concultation, I was very nervous about it, came to the internet to check the directi0ns to get there and found this site!!! wow, I am definetely not going! All I see is one ok comment for every 5 bad comments, that must mean something. I don't see the "good results people" posting a "thank you I am so glad I did it". There are no references of happy customers suggesting to get in contact for referrals... not going!

• Mo
      8th of Feb, 2011

I have been considering lipo for some time now and came across sonobello in Bellevue. While they do have some negitive comments online, they also have hundreds of happy satisifend clients willing to share their experiences. After hearing this and getting real accounts from real clients I realize everyone is considerably happy if they understood real results. SB will not fix your diet and poor lazyness. Get a grip people, anything under the knife has possible risks, as does the BIG mac on your plate. I have a consult and am excited to bring my size 6 waist to a size 2:)

28th of Feb, 2011

Wow, I feel really nervous reading this after making the appt for my procedure tomorrow...now i dont know what to expect, fingers crossed! Now that i think about it, it was pretty odd that i didnt see an actual doctor(instead dealt with a pushy arrogant saleswoman) or even know who it was going to be til the day before when i tried to reschedule due to a light cold. When i found out the name of the doc, i researched and saw he was not plastic surgery certified...just laser surgery certified? just looked like he got out of medical school and had an internship for 'general' surgery. Does this mean he wouldnt pay attention to aesthetic detail like a plastic surgeon would? I mean, general surgery and plastic surgery are different...what do i know about the guy though, it could be like russian roulette in either direction. I went ahead and said yes for tomorrow. Aaaaaaaah! Nervous! I will post back with results. I figure i could be a guinea pig and post back to y'all...see what happens, tell my personal experience.
    Monica ([protected]@gmail.com)

3rd of Mar, 2011

Well, its day two of post op...im in some pain but its manageable.
    The day of, they were running a little late, but when they took me in to give me physical and take pictures they were very kind and curteous. When I met my doctor, he asked if I had any questions and assured me everything would go well. He even warned about possible dimples that could occur with the lipo on my outer thigh. I was pretty out of it while he was working on me but I could tell he was really getting to as much fat as possible, didnt feel as much attention to the outer thigh, but then again i was too loopy to remember. I just remember flashes and they were all good...towards the end I could feel the canula working in my leg and kept saying ow real loud and then it seemed like he stopped and it was ready to go to recovery room. they said they took 3.2 liters of fat out...im not sure how much that is in weight. i didnt see myself til today when i took a shower and i could tell a big difference in my waist, but not my hip/outer thigh area. I emailed sonobello and they said its probably due to swelling, so i'll just take it a day at a time and see how i heal. thats all for now. i'll check back in 2 weeks.

5th of Mar, 2011

this is day 2...not too shabby...im staying on the straight and narrow with diet and exercise, to be safe, check back in another week or so...

11th of Jun, 2012

I just got back from an apt. At Sono Bello in San Antonio at Sontera in Stone Oak, They were very good at trying to get me there with email and phone calls but when I got there I waited 45 minutes And I was the only one there. I could hear the doctor joking with the staff about his bills and his girlfriends yes more than one and how that was not in his contract, I don't know what that was but I do know I felt embarrassed by this unprofessional attitude from the whole clinic. I just walked out and I don't think I was missed.

• Jd
      13th of Aug, 2012

I requested general anesthesia but I was reassured that it's painless. I was sedated (ONLY) I had the stomach, thighs, back, hips and arms done. The liposuction procedure was very painful, especially around the stomach. I felt everything. I tried to inhale as much nitrous oxide hoping it would put me out but the doctor told me not to and turned it off for about couple of minutes. I was making faces and breathing heavily through my mouth coz of the pain then all of a sudden, in the middle of my liposuction, the doctor stopped then said, "it seems like I am hurting you, would you like me to stop and not continue on with this?" OMG, what the heck was I supposed to say? We have already started. Can you imagine what I was feeling when I was told that my surgery will be broken down into 3 sessions. I had to come back 2 more times (a month duration/session). After everything was done, few months later I noticed sections that obviously were missed, everything is so uneven. The over 10 sites where they were poking around, left keloids that looks like I had vaccinations on left and right side of my body, from my bra roll all the way to my thighs right above the knees. They are dark and raised. I paid $12, 000 "IN CASH". It took a long time to save that money for the liposuction. I dont mean to complain but I feel like I just handed them the money for nothing..the result SUCKS SO BAD!!! I have dots everywhere and they look really gross! I just want them to do fix me up and do something about the areas they obviously missed. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do to have them fix me up and do a retouch? I cry every time I look in the mirror.

1st of Dec, 2016

@jdan11 take them to court.

1st of Dec, 2016

@anne rn call jacoby and meyers

1st of Dec, 2016

@anne rn its a law firm. you don't pay unless you win

• Je
      2nd of Jan, 2017

@jdan11 Hi there i had a liposuction done by sonobelllo about 11 month ago I did my lower abdominal and upper abdominal and waist so far I'm very disappointed with the result like you said you go truth so much pain thinking that you gonna look amazing but it's all a lie cause I still look the same and one of my side is bigger than the other they supposed to fix me up but it's been about 1 month and they still didn't contact me when they going to do it so I'll definitely say SONOBELLLO SUCKS THERE A JOKE DON'T LET THEM FULL YOU.

• Do
      22nd of Jul, 2017

@Jennifer Nascimento Cool Sculpt is a scam, also. This type of business is nothing but crooks.

• So
      28th of Jul, 2017

@Donna A. Cox https://sonobelloclassaction.com/

1st of Oct, 2012

Girl get you an attorney and everybody get together to file a class action suit the heck with complaints

• Be
      12th of Jun, 2013

I had the procedure done in April at the Bellevue office. I wanted to have my hips done but was talked into 10 procedures, 5 of which were performed in April. I was totally knocked out to the point that I couldn't leave for 5 hours, not sure why, I didn't come to for so long. I don't remember leaving Sono Bello or the next 3 weeks. I was soaked from the liquids that leaked from my wounds and threw up constantly. I am still very ill and throwing up, in pain and in need of constant care after almost 2 months.

I called Sono Bello to say I can't have the additional 5 procedures for fear that I might die, but they are trying to charge me for the procedures I never had or increasing the fees I was charged originally. How is this legal? This problem still hasn't been resolved, more later...Don't go there they are crooks. Bea

• Ki
      27th of Jun, 2013

Went to sono bello today for a consultation waited for an 1 1/2 and was acknowledged once. My appointment was at @4pm, I checked in and was told right away that they were running 20 minutes behind, I said ok. After 30 minutes and no one saying anything I asked the receptionist how much longer she said she didn't know and if I want to reschedule. I said no I'm already here as my last consultation did not happen because they called me asking me to reschedule and come in 45 minutes later, so I couldn't make it than. So since I was already there and I don't live in Bellevue I wanted to get consulted. After about 5 more minutes another lady came out and took me in behind the door. ( I thought I was finally going to have a consultation) she appologized telling me that the consultant was with a patient discussing financing options and that it would be another 5 to 15 minutes. I said ok. I wasn't happy to have to wait even longer. I set there for another 35 minutes not being acknowledged or updated. So I came up to the receptionist again and said how much longer? I have waited over an hour and that its unexceptable. She asked if I want to reschedule, I said no! I have waited over an hour and I want to be seeing now. She said I can check, I said please do. 15 minutes go by and no word, the receptionist didn't even come back, so I called out excuse me. Finally Sara came out saying she was sorry and that I was aggressive. What! Really??? I was frustrated that I had to waited for almost 1 1/2 but was not aggressive just simply did not appreciate being ignored and how unprofessional they were. Sara had an attitude and talked over me saying I said things I didn't say. The receptionist simply chose not to take care of the situation and decided not come back to her desk ( while I was standing there for 15 minutes to find out how much longer) Sara was short with me and said I had two options to reschedule or to be consulted. I said no that I would like to speak to a manager. She LIED and said she is the manager, I said what is your position? She said consulted, I said that's not a manager. Bottom line is that I walked out, called the 1-800 # spoke with a supervusure who told me that there is a manager on staff and that manager contacted me apologizing. Bad experience, very unprofessional staff.

• Ab
      6th of Sep, 2013

I had my procedure done in February 2013 and I have been so disappointed by the entire process. I definitely felt pressured at the consultation. My gut told me this was a scam and too good to be true. But my husband knew how badly I wanted to "feel better" about myself, so he reassured me I would be ok. I also had an incredibly painful experience during the procedure. I had my hips, waist, upper/lower abs and bra roll done and it was all I could do to get through the procedure. My dr. also stopped at one point (while he was singing along to the music he had playing in the room) and said "you seem to be in quite a bit of discomfort, do you need me to stop?" what an insane thing to say! He said we were half way done so why on earth would I stop? I wanted to look better, not worse! I was told in my consultation that the procedure is "uncomfortable for some people and some don't even feel it and fall asleep" are you kidding me? There's no way that's possible. The worst part is, I am not happy with my results. I went in a size 12 and I am still a size 12 only with a very odd shape to my abodomen. I admit that I have not been hard core dieting since the procedure, but I am not a bad eater either. I never eat fast food but I only exercise a couple times a week. I am ashamed to say this has been one of the biggest regrets of my life and I'm reminded of it everytime I look in the mirror and when I pay my monthly bill. ($10, 000) the only people on line that I see that are happy with their results are already small people to begin with. It makes me wonder if this type of procedure is only successful for those who need very little work done. I would like to hear more from jdan11 and Bea1313. They told me they didn't offer general anesthetic?