SmartCarpet / Bad experience!
NJ, Staten Island and Eastern PA, US
Let's start with the good news. SmartCarpet's installers are very hardworking and detail-oriented -- it is just a shame their work is wasted. We spent $100,000 on an addition to our home to create an adult den, with a vaulted ceiling, home theater, the whole nine yards. We showed the room to the SmartCarpet Salesman, John Casale, and told him what we were doing with it. He showed us samples that were 2 inches by 2 inches. We are not in court today because, technically, they fulfilled their end of the bargain as we picked-out the carpet. Our problem is that John told us that this was a good carpet and appropriate for what we were going to do with it. And, it is adequate ' if you are flipping a house in a low-income neighborhood or maintaining a rental property, it is fine. However, for a home where you intend to live as well as entertain business associates, it is completely inappropriate. The carpet they put down was half the thickness of the builder's grade carpet they pulled up, and a third the thickness of carpet we had recently purchased from Home Depot. For another $1,000 we should have gone to a real store. As my mother-in-law so eloquently put it, 'What were you thinking, buying carpet out of the back of a van?' (While it is unfortunate that SmartCarpet has forced us to pay $7,000 for the $4,000 carpet we were looking for, at least we will be able to donate their carpet to a local charity).
More SmartCarpet Complaints & Reviews
- Smart Carpet - Don't buy from Smart Carpet 
- Smart Carpet - Do not buy from this company 
- Smart Carpet - I will never buy anything from them ever again
- Smart Carpet - The most disappointing sales transaction I have ever had 
- Smart Carpet - Bad install of carpets!!
- Smart Carpet - Prefinished hardwood flooring
- Smart Carpet - The product is terrible, and I wouldn't recommend them to a soul