Skyscanner.comverbal abuse and extortion from skyscanner

Dear Sir/Madam,

Yesterday evening I visited Skyscanner to book at flight from London Gatwick to Glasgow. A flight was displayed for £42, departing at 7:15am with only 2 seats remaining, British Airways. As I went through the booking process and added all my details it still confirmed that there were still 2 seats available. However when I reached the final confirmation page the payment didn’t go through as the flight was now “unavailable”. I was then offered a promotional code of £20 to price match the next flight from £62 to £42 but there was nowhere to enter the code at checkout so I called the company that I had been redirected to, CheapOair. I then reached a woman named Roseanne who was incredibly rude and then told me that the flight had double in price and was over £80. This came as quite a shock as the website still said £42 with 2 seats remaining. Whilst trying to understand why the flight had doubled in price, Roseanne then went on to verbally abuse me and lecture me on how I shouldn’t be booking a flight the day before. If this is the case then your company shouldn’t offer such a service. I had to hold the phone away from my ear whilst she was shouting at me and my mother could hear her from the other side of the room. To say the least this was an appalling and unprofessional way to deal with a customer query.
I then reloaded the Skyscanner page to see if there was any change in price on the website and there wasn’t. It was still advertising the flight for £42 at 7:15am with British Airways. I decided to go through the booking again to see if anything had changed and throughout the whole process the price was £42, all the way to the confirmation page. It finally confirmed at £42 but due to the previous issues with this order I checked to see how much I had been charged and to my absolute disgust I had been charged £61.79 instead of £42. I don’t understand how a price can increase after the payment has been processed.
When I refreshed the page this morning, the summarised price had further still increased to £68 on my flight summery, there is clearly an anomaly in your system as how can a price continue to increase after initial payment.
I was extremely shocked and appalled at the inconstancy of your company and the inadequacy of your employees. You have taken money from my account without permission. This is extortion. When I called and waited on hold a second time to speak to somebody about a refund, I was stunned to be told that I was a liar and that the price was never at £42. I have evidence that holds against this and will attach it to the email. I asked to speak to a manager and was just put on hold for further 20 minutes until somebody finally picked up the phone. Unfortunately, I was just passed on to another colleague who had no idea about my situation and was not a manager. I then explained the situation again and asked to speak to a manager. Then after waiting a ridiculous 30 minutes on hold I realised that no one was going to answer my call.
This is an absolutely disgraceful service and I will not pay for more than what I originally agreed to. At the very least I expect a refund of £19.79 to be refunded into my bank account. I would also like to be reassured that I am not going to be abused by your employees in future transactions with your company. If you cannot meet these requirements, I will personally not hesitate to take things further.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Rebecca Wilson

Sa
Aug 19, 2015

Comments

• Ba
      Aug 20, 2018
    Skyscanner - Cash transaction done but no confirmation yet regarding airline ticket
    Thailand

PNR-- ZCKRZH
    TRANSACTION- [protected]
    INVOICE-- FMNTH1017VYK7U
    10TH APRIL 2018.
    TIME= 5:23:18
    AMOUNT - 10, 854.34 TB
    NAME OF PASSENGER-- KAMONCHANOK BOONKOSOL.
    Kindly look into the matter at the earliest as the passenger travelling tonite.

•   Aug 20, 2018
    Skyscanner - Ait ticket
    Hawally
    Kuwait

I have booked a ticket from travel agenio through sky scanner it was costing in sky scanner 119 kuwait dinners but they have deducted 149 K.D so need to know why please this happen and is there any conflict between your price and the agency's price

• Ha

• La
      Sep 01, 2018
    Skyscanner - TravelUp
    United Kingdom

Travel agent we booked our flight with through skyscanner emailing us saying flight time and price changed, weeks after we booked and paid. What do we do?

We booked to leave Jan 1st and return 23rd and now they say our return flight times have changed and we need to pay the difference.

• Sh
      Sep 06, 2018
    Skyscanner - Airline ticket
    Travel up
    United Kingdom

I booked a ticket using your web
    I bought a ticket man-Islamabad-man
    On British airways
    At the time of booking the cheapest coming at £414.00
    But now for the same dates it is coming £365.00 my flight on 29 November and back on 18 January
    So please look into this matter
    Thanx
    Shafqat shariar Mughal

•   Sep 11, 2018
    Skyscanner - Name of a country
    Greece

Dear all
    I want to inform you that there no country around the world named "Republic of Macedonia" or "Macedonia". As you should know Makedonia is a part of Greece the last...3000 years...so...
    The normal name is FYROM. Please check and fix it in your site.
    Respect our country and our history

Regads

Skyscanner - Kiwi,com
    Tunisia
    Tunisia
    Kiwi.com

5 times they have changed my husbands flights, to be told he can't fly on the one they found, he is on a spouse visa should have been here yesterday, we are both very stressed, with no money left and he is stuck in airport
    It's is disgusting how he has been treated, they say he needs visa for transit in Paris ????? He doesn't !!!

• Yo
      Oct 23, 2018
    Skyscanner - Booking
    Australia

I just book a flight from cairns to Sydney on the 23/10 on my name using your site on jet star at 7 10 am
    You redirect me to traveli I think and I have not booking number and not email I paid and I have nothing to be sure the booking is good my name is yoram agosin and my email address [protected]@hotmail.com
    Please let me know what happened

• Al
      Nov 04, 2018
    Skyscanner - Flight Booking
    United Kingdom

I booked a flight for 2 people flight TK1998. CI was given the following code: buk-6043825 when i booked the flight. But when i went to the airport they didn't not have my information. I would like some answers and my money back.

My number: [protected]