Skippy Peanut Butter / Quality of product

For the last few years I have bought Skippy peanut butter for my family. Last week I purchased a replacement jar and when we tasted it, it was terrible. It was very slick--so slick that the peanut butter crackers I made to take to the pool would not stay stuck together; they just kept sliding apart. So, I looked at the label--the old jar said it contained "partially hydrogenated" oils while the new label says "hydrogenated oils." This puzzled me because the nutrition label says zero transfats. Neither partially nor hydrogenated oils do a person much good, but I have to say I will never again buy Jiffy based on this peanut butter cracker experience. The company should have put something on the label about it being a new formula--and they should have to claim the transfats on the nutrition label.

A  13th of Aug, 2015 by
I recently purchased a 40 ounce jar of Skippy Natural Creamy from a local Walmart, located in Oregon, Ohio. Unfortunately, I am sorely disappointed with the product. Upon opening the jar, there was a substantial amount of oil across the top of peanut butter. My first instinct was to simply drain that oil into the sink. However, each time I have opened the jar since the first time, it is yet again filled with a thick layer of oil. I have no idea why or how this is happening. I thought it would be worthwhile to report the problem.