Skagen Watches / poor quality product

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia Review updated:

My wife and I were very impressed by the design of the Skagen watches and bought one each. My watch stopped working after a few weeks and after several complaints was replaced. The new watch worked for a further few months before intermittently stopping again. My wifes watch worked for about 12 months but then started to stop on odd occasions. We have both given up wearing the watches and reverted to our old (non Skagen) watches that are working fine. A great looking product but very poor quality and a complete waste of money.

Re
Nov 11, 2015

Comments

• Pg
      Jun 15, 2016

Purchased skagen men watch model T233XLTMN in 2015, Germany, official distributor. after few WEEKS, without any reason (no damage, no single fall) - stopped working on random occasions, multiple, absolutely random occasion. No strong electro-magnetic fields. The watch was sent to repair, returned (declared as fixed). after another few weeks of usage - the same problem. I am tired of such very fine looking but awful quality item, and I have no time to waste trying to fix this problem. it seems that the watch is useless.

• Mi
      Aug 03, 2016

I bought a Skagen watch 233XLTMB in Belgium. I had good care of it but when I first wash my hands with the watch on my wrist( like 6 months after purchase), I noticed there is moisture inside.
    According to specifications, the watch is water resistant up to 3 atm. Therefore I’ve been quite surprised to notice this water inside.
    I went to the nearest service center ( INNO store, Leuven, Belgium) where the watch was dispatched for repair, under warranty I was thinking.
    Today I had a call from the repair center informing me the watch can be repair but with a cost of 110 euro, for some parts.
    Just to be short, after my refusal to support the reparation cost, they just concluded the watch will be returned not repaired.
    The arguments were funny, see below the answer from Nederland Fosil Customer Center :
    "Goodmorning,
    The watch is absolutely not water proof. 3 ATM is not suitable for showering, bathing, swimming, snorkeling, water related work like washing hands. Unfortunately for you, we can't make the watch under warranty. You can accept the quotation or we can send the watch back not repaired.
    Please let us know what you want.
    Regards,
    Ahmed """

So guys, be aware for this scam of watch manufacturers : water resistant is NOT water proof. Logic, isn't it ? They made my day !!! If any one can explain me the difference, I 'l be grateful.
    Conclusion : Poor quality watches, even more poor Fosil customer service. Stay away !!