Skagen / warranty not honoured
I bought a Skagen watch online and it ceased to work within 2 years of purchase. When I sent it to the authorized repairer in Australia (Fossil Australia) I was told that I would have to pay for the movement to be replaced. Fossil would not honor the limited lifetime warranty because I had not purchased the watch from an authorized dealer. Given that it is the watch that is warranted against poor workmanship or faulty materials not the seller, I expect the warranty to be honored and the cost to be passed back to the manufacturer. Instead, it seems that Skagen remains at arms length from its products and the limited lifetime warranty is not worth the paper it is written on.
While I don't expect to win this one, other prospective purchasers of Skagen watches should be aware of this trap.
More Skagen Complaints & Reviews
- Skagen Watch - poor quality & customer service 
- Skagen Slimline Watch - stay away 
- Skagen Watches - new watch stopped working after a couple of hours 
- Skagen Watch - glass cracked without any hit/bump/fall 
- Skagen - cracked glass 
- Skagen Watches - poor quality product 
- Skagen - customer service 
- Skagen - skagen mens watch
- Skagen - watch
- Skagen - quality problem