Sittercity.com / charges

1 GA, United States Review updated:

The information posted was not straightforward. I just realized I have been charged $35.00 a month for 7 months for something I did not use -- believed that there was a one time $35 fee for 30 day period. NOT auto-renewing. Wish I had checked my credit card statement more thoroughly, because that is a lot of money!!

Co
Apr 14, 2013

Comments

• Ae
      20th of Nov, 2013

They engage in deceptive marketing. I also signed up for a one-time, one month trial membership at a discounted price. The company does not send email receipts when they automatically renew membership each month (and auto-renew is the default), not even on their internal message system.

On top of that, when I was using the service I had several people set up interviews with me and then not show up, later saying they "forgot."

• Re
      31st of Dec, 2016

The same thing happened to me. I terminated my account on the phone but they did not confirm via email so I have no proof of it. They have continued to bill my credit card even though I terminated my account. There should be a class action lawsuit.

• Ep
      14th of Jan, 2017

Same here 7 months billed for $35. Signed in for 1 month. No email or anything. Should have reviewed credit card carefully. Makes you wonder why they don't send emails, Simply because, hopefully you forget and don't review your credit card. Very deceptive.