Singapore Post (SingPost) / speed post - failure to ship goods for more than 3 months after pick-up.

Singapore, United States

I arranged for 5-6 boxes to be shipped from Singapore to USA due to an overseas assignment. This was 3 months ago. The cost of shipment was several hundred dollars. This week, I was notified by Singpost that the boxes have still NOT SHIPPED from Singapore, and they are asking me to pay an additional $90 fee, claiming that I paid the incorrect amount. As these boxes were picked up by Singpost themselves, I would have expect them to inform me within 24 hours if the there was any problems with the weight or size of the cargo. It is completely unprofessional to inform me 3 months later that there is a payment balance.

Now, not only do I need to pay an additional $90, I also have to wait another 42-70 days for the cargo to arrive. This will mean that the good will only 5-6 months after I left Singapore.

This is very poor customer service. I would discourage anyone from my family and friends using Speedpost.

While I am prepared to pay the fee (very reluctantly but I have not alternative as they have my personal property), I am extremely dissatisfied with the 42-70 day delay that I have to bear. I would expect Speedpost to expedite the shipment to get it here much sooner given their huge mistake in waiting 3 months to contact me.

Thank you for reading my complaint and I do hope you can help me.

Best,