Simplicity Gourmet / Misrepresentation
We were called and told that we had won "a dinner prepared by a chef in our own home" during our town's pumpkin festival. The woman who called me was very nice explaining "our chef and team will come in, cook you dinner, clean up, and offer you discounts on our cookware if you are interested".
To make a long story short our "chef" was an out of work auto executive and the team was him. It was a sales pitch for their cookware and the meal...was heated frozen vegetables and chicken.
We are certain that the contest we "won" was actually just a company who asked passers by if they wanted to enter a contest and then contacted every person who "entered" stating that they had won. They then misrepresented their prize by selling it as a Chef Prepared dinner when it was a sales pitch for an all or nothing cookware package starting at $4K.
Hopefully this post will save you from having to endure a 2 hour sales pitch for cookware you cannot purchase without a bank loan.
More Simplicity Gourmet Complaints & Reviews
- Simplicity Gourmet - Haven't received any products and now find out it is a scam. I do not want the cookware 
- Simplicity Gourmet - overpriced/mislead on free honeymoon 
- Simplicity Gourmet - No show 
- Simplicity Gourmet - Failure to respond to calls unethical sellings practices
- Simplicity Gourmet - Fraud 
- Simplicity Gourmet - $300 or more per panX!!Q