Simplicity Gourmet / Misrepresentation

We were called and told that we had won "a dinner prepared by a chef in our own home" during our town's pumpkin festival. The woman who called me was very nice explaining "our chef and team will come in, cook you dinner, clean up, and offer you discounts on our cookware if you are interested".

To make a long story short our "chef" was an out of work auto executive and the team was him. It was a sales pitch for their cookware and the meal...was heated frozen vegetables and chicken.

We are certain that the contest we "won" was actually just a company who asked passers by if they wanted to enter a contest and then contacted every person who "entered" stating that they had won. They then misrepresented their prize by selling it as a Chef Prepared dinner when it was a sales pitch for an all or nothing cookware package starting at $4K.

Hopefully this post will save you from having to endure a 2 hour sales pitch for cookware you cannot purchase without a bank loan.

Comments

• De
      16th of Jan, 2013

In your own comments you say they told you they would "offer you discounts if interested." With that being said, how was that a misrepresentation? You don't get discounts on a product that is not for sale. I work in the customer service department and know also that the least expensive package is not 4, 000. I have seen orders for 100. What you claim above is filled with contradictions and holes. I wonder if you work for a competitor?