Simoniz Buy Fix It / Fraud

1 WI, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800 457 8058

Ordered one car paint repair pen set for $19.95 through the "Buy Fix It" ad from Simoniz over the television ad, and was fraudulently charged $238.18 to my Visa bank card. Called company, and they said that I ordered some ridiculous amount of paint sets, and extra items like vacuum cleaners. Demanded a refund, put in a dispute with my bank for the purchase, and filled out a police report with my local authorities.

I sent the unopened carton of the products to Simoniz in Wisconsin, at my charge of $35.00 registered mail. I get a refund in my bank for $68.00. I called the company again, and they stated that this was the cost of the items, and the rest were shipping charges. So, in addition to the $35.00 I paid to ship the fraudulent order back, I am out another $205.00 total. My bank is at a standstill with this, and am very upset with this, considering my family really needs this hard earned money to live. This company are a bunch of thieves, and am going to call "Shame On You" which is on Channel 2 in NYC WCBS, to see if they will air something about this. I know there are plenty more that were scammed on this.

Marc Petrillo

Ma

Comments

27th of Jul, 2009

just happened the same thing with me but they charged me more than you. how did you get it fixed? i already called my bank and as of now they can't do anything about it. what was the number you used to call their costumer service? i am so disappointed. upset at myself for even trying to place an order through the phone. ended up being a fraud.. :(( i work so hard for my money. now, losing that much makes me feel sad. :(

• Hb
      4th of Dec, 2009

Similar cituation happened to me. Ordered on fix it pen for 19.95. The package came with all kinds of other stuff. Not one but 2 of everything. My bill was $114. 50. Shipping was $85. Still working with my credit card company to "fix it!"

• Bi
      16th of Jul, 2011

Whoever assembled this cheap and cheesy product line, which is clearly woven out of the thinnest of air; then combined it with absolutely heartless hucksters who would cheat their dying grandmothers out their remainder of their Colonial Penn Life insurance policy before they're planted; and then attached all this folderol to a computer controlled site which automatically overcharges everyone for a lousy $2.00 injected moulded red Chinese vacuum cleaner which the manager marked up to $12.95, with a toy model engine guaranteed to burn out in an our or less on A/C current instead of it's expected D/C; with a complaint line operated by imbeciles where the primary trunk lines are run through Mumbasa via Cookandeatacat with a terminus in Hoboken. Or is it Hohocus? Well nobody knows. So the downside is that getting involved with BuyFixIt is that its a fraud of a hoax of a sham. But the upside is gaining the knowledge that it is all of that and that, my friends, is empowering. Trust Bud the Dog. Big John UCLA football

• Ic
      13th of Aug, 2011

I bought Fix it for wood. This product is a scam. My wood is light, so I decided to use the light remover for my kitchen cabinets. Now my kitchen cabinet turn dark red. This company should get sue for selling crapy product.