Silverleaf Resorts

PO Box 731213
Dallas Texas, United States
Phone: 214-631-1166
silverleaf.com
I have been speaking with the financial service department since May 2014 after finally paying off the installment portion of my account. Silverleaf however, continues to send me a bill showing an amount due and of course it increases each month. I've called their department to no avail. They state the amount was applied to the maintenance fee even though that fee is mailed to a separate address and is a totally different amount. Due to the amount of problems I have incountered with them regarding my account I send in a detailed account every month depicting what the check is for and what it is to be applied too. They totally disregard this and have screwed my account up on their side to the point I believe a monkey could do a better job. They state to not send the maintenance fees to the same address as the loan installment portion - so I don't - but Silverleaf somehow post my installment payments to the maintenance fee portion. How many phone calls, letters and e-mails does it take to get someone to fix this? They are a very frustrating company to deal with and they wonder why I do not visit their resorts...if anyone would like to buy my timeshare for $1.00 I'm so ready to get rid of this headache.
Complaint comments Comments (1) Complaint country United States Complaint category Timeshares / Vacation Rentals

Comments

A  4th of Mar, 2016 by    0 Votes
I was informed in March 2016 that my December 2015 mortgage payment made over the phone did not clear due to a invalid bank routing number though my maintenance payment made at the same time using the same bank routing number did clear. Consequently, after receiving January and February account statements showing no past due payments, I received a notice today of the delinquent December mortgage payment and late fee charges 3 months later obviously because the person who took the phone payment was incapable of correctly entering my bank routing number for both the maintenance and mortgage payments . When I spoke to a Silverleaf Corporate manager regarding the matter, he stated he would get back to me, but left for the day and the weekend without returning my calls though I left two messages, Silverleaf does not give confirmation numbers for phone payments, but promise to mail you a confirmation that NEVER comes. . Silverleaf no longer list your mortgage principle balance due on your monthly statements. They just list the amount of your monthly maintenance dues and monthly mortgage payment with no acknowledgement of your remaining balance on the original principle. This change occurred since the company was taken over by new owners. Such billing statements are highly questionable and should be illegal, especially since they have problems entering bank routing numbers correctly and don't discover their errors until 3 months after they commit them. This is only one instance of my dissatisfaction with Silverleaf Resorts. I have been the victim of their bait and switch sales pitches, as well as their tortuous owners updates in which they try to get you to upgrade. I would not advise anyone to sign on with Silverleaf Resorts!

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree