Silver Cloud Smoke Shop / Order not received

PO Box 7130Albuquerque, NM, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-888-408-2926

I mailed an order on on Sept 6, 2008 along with a money order for >$300 and have received nothing in the form of communication or product. There's no response to e-mails and phone calls are switched to a full mail box.

I've dealt with these people for several years and, until now, have been impressed with the speed with which they handled orders. Is anyone getting any answers?
Ho

Comments

Ll
  1st of Oct, 2008
Here's what you are looking for peeps! i paid by online check, went to my bank, told them what was going on and the bank transferred my money back. Good Luck all!

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. -- Federal agents have raided a company linked to a tribal official that is suspected of selling cigarettes without paying more than $6 million in state taxes.

The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives has executed search warrants on the Internet-based Silver Cloud Smoke Shop.

The state tax is 91 cents per pack of cigarettes.

Search and seizure warrants filed in federal court show investigators believe San Ildefonso Pueblo First Lt. Gov. Paul Rainbird and other tribal members purchased more than $16 million worth of untaxed tobacco from suppliers. The documents charge they then sold the products for reduced prices and shipped them from an Albuquerque warehouse.

According to an ATF report, Native Americans can buy the cigarettes as long as it is for sale or use on the reservation in which they are enrolled as a tribal member.

But since Rainbird was reportedly selling cigarettes across the country through his Web site, the state claims he had a more than $9 per carton advantage over other businesses and leaving the state of New Mexico out more than $6 million in tax revenue.

Rainbird's attorney said the business is legal because of tribal sovereignty.

Rainbird isn't the only person ATF agents are investigating.

In more than 100 pages of court documents, its revealed the investigation stretches all the way to Bosque Farms.

Court papers show months worth of surveillance focusing on a home belonging to a coworker in Bosque Farms, an Albuquerque warehouse and Rainbird's home.

Rainbird's attorney said his client runs a tribally owned business so he is not required to collect or pay state taxes.

The attorney said, if necessary, they are prepared to fight the allegations.

Rainbird's attorney said ATF agents seized computers, crippling the company's ability to do business.

His attorney also said Rainbird has been selling cigarettes since early 2003 and has never had a problem with the state before.

No one has been charged with any crime and the investigation is ongoing.

Link: http://www.koat.com/news/17307286/detail.html
Sc
  8th of Oct, 2008
bad boy
Ag
  14th of Oct, 2008
I just spoke to the 2nd Lt. Gov, Terence Garcia, and told him that my mother was charged $214.92 - 26 times which is out of her checking account and they are trying for 27.
FBI is next...
Pa
  20th of Oct, 2008
Same thing happened to me. We got ripped off.
Da
  30th of Nov, 2008
I also ordered cigarettes for $226.- on August, 2008 from Silvercloud.com.I have not received it. I called them and I e-mailed them no responed.I called several compony9 includes BBB finally someone toled me they just closed the door.They took my money$226.-.