[Resolved] Silv Communications / Fraud and scam

Silv Communications
3460 Wilshire Blvd. Suite 1103
Los Angeles
Phone: 888-723-2199
I received a call from a man claiming to be Verizon, offering me a substantial discount on my business long distance. Funny, he didn't know all of my current phone numbers: strike one.

I repeatedly asked him if he was from Verizon and he said 'trust me, I am from Verizon and I'm calling to save you money' -- high-pressure, so that was strike two. I decided to entertain myself by hearing him out.

I told him emphatically that I did NOT want my long distance provider to change, that I wanted no changes made to my account. He asked me a few questions, such as my name, and if I wanted to save money on my long distance. I said 'yes, of course, but again I DO NOT want any changes made to my account.' He assured me again ('trust me') that no changes would be made. Strike 3, good bye.

Fast forward 2 months and I receive a bill with two full months of charges from these companies. I was livid, so I called today to find out how this happened. I was told that somebody with my name had authorized the switch. She then proceeded to play a recording to me, supposedly of the conversation of two months ago.

Here's the kicker that sent me over the top: indeed I did hear my voice say 'Yes': about 12 times, to all kinds of terms and conditions which were never read to me. The recording was OBVIOUSLY copied, cut, pasted, and dubbed using my voice, and the 'Yes' I heard over and over and over was the same exact 'Yes' simply inserted at the appropriate points. I was beside myself!

I accused them of fraud, and threatened legal action only to be transferred to the 'supervisor' named Laura (x100) who told me that if I pursue legal action the charges will not be reversed. I told her to reverse the charges immediately, she agreed, and I hung up, fuming.

I've seen my share of fraud and scams in my day, but this takes the cake. It's insulting to me and it's insulting to the phone industry. And there's nothing like hearing your voice edited to say something you've never actually said. Did I mention I am LIVID?!?

Resolution statement

Silv Communication Inc. customer care service did everything in their power to resolve this complaint. All attempts to contact the client have failed. Therefore, this complaint has been annulled and must not be considered where company image and it's services are concerned.

N  7th of Jul, 2009 by
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
Deport SK Golam Ahia NOW. Go back to Bangladesh you thief.
A  27th of Jul, 2010 by
This is exactly how their scam works. They ask you a bunch of irrelevant questions and your answers are dubbed into another recording. These criminals need to be the target of the FCC and phone companies like Qwest that pass through this third party billing with no regard as to its validity are just as culpable and need to be a part of any such class action lawsuit. I review all phone bills monthly for all of our entities -- over 100 total -- and constantly fight this battle. A movement needs to be started to initiate class action lawsuits against these crooks.
A  27th of Jul, 2010 by
And another interesting tidbit. While they use a supposed recording to validate their charges, tell them you are recording the conversation when you call them to have the charges removed and see what happens.
A  24th of May, 2011 by
This is Absolutely True and these bunch of ###s also run another scam process named as computech123 where you will be charged $29.99 every month without your knowledge. By calling to customer service you can cancel the svc which gets activated without your knowledge but the customer svc people will say that they have the recording where you claim to activate the svc...This is a pure scam...

Silv Communication Inc. Logo Silv Communication Inc.
3460 wilshire blvd. Suite 1103