Shopperdiscounts. C / Unauthorised Deduction

1 United Kingdom Review updated:

I cannot remember how I came in touch with this company. I never benefitted from any of their services. I think this misfortune began with the order I have placed for some business cards long ago with vistaprint.com online somewhere in June 2008. It was one-off purchase and all transactions were settled. But when I checked my Barclays bank account today I was surprised to note that the SHOPPERDISCOUNTS.C REF [protected] BCC has been deducting a sum of £ 8.00 per month since then without consulting me. Please take action to persuade them to refund all the money they have deducted so far and cancel my account with them.

Ba

Comments

• Js
      19th of Feb, 2009

Hi Tomas again this another continuous card payment. The bank has no control because you have given the company your card details volunterally. You need to get the card blocked by the bank and get a new one issued. Then no further transactions can go through because the old card will have been blocked.

• En
      13th of Jul, 2009

13 July 2009
    I had exactly the same with my Barclays account, £8.00 per month taken since 17 Nov 2008. I spoke to the fraud department who gave me this Tel No: number 0808 2341539. The bank explained that it originated from an online software purchase collected by SHOPPERDISCOUNTS.C who hustled in to get other business for themselves. I rang this number and was promised that a stop would be made on my payments and that 3 months back payments would be returned to my account also a form to complete would be emailed to claim back the other 5 months. We will have to wait and see, watch this space.

• Ri
      24th of Jul, 2009

24 July 2009
    I found this same on both of my accounts One of them is impossible to stop for some reason SHOPPERDISCOUNTS cannot find any track about it But still charge me I receive email from SHOPPERDISCOUNTS, that company Reason for charging me is EASYJET ticket. SHOPPERDISCOUNTS doesnt return my money, byt I hope they stop charging me in future
    "Our records show that you or someone with access to your credit/debit card completed an online transaction with Easyjet. After your transaction, you were offered the opportunity to join the Shopper Discounts and Rewards programme with a £10 cash back voucher and a 30 day free trial."

24th of Sep, 2009

I have had the same thing too. This website is a promo website that pops up after certain transactions you do on the internet (mine was with www.thetrainline.com while purchasing rail tickets). It asks you if you would like a £10 discount off your next purchase. Naturally most people will say yes and give there e-mail address, to which NO voucher is ever sent. I do not remember at any time give my debit card details so god knows how they got access to my account. THESE GUYS ARE A CON IT IS NOT OTHER WEBSITES!!!

I very called them using the number left by Ted on this feed and very firmly asked for my money back. They agreed to do this and cancel my membership, but informed me that when this promotion popped up I actaully signed up for a 30 day free trial and would then be charged afterward. (I don't remember seeing a word of this in the promo which I never received).

THIS COMPANY SHOULD BE STOPPED!!! IF YOU GET CONNED BY THESE PEOPLE CALL THEM AND GIVE THEM HELL!!!

• Ro
      23rd of Dec, 2009

My problem is the same.Ordered business cards from Vistaprint and clicked yes for 10 pounds discounts.And this bloody shopperdiscounts.C take 10£ from my account every month.

• En
      23rd of Dec, 2009

23 December 2009

In 2008 I purchased software from an America company and was given a £10.00 discount off my next purchase as a thank you and to encourage me to purchase more, I had to follow a link then accept and print it out. I’ve never used it and it is still here in my home somewhere.

Every month from then I was stopped £8.00 from my bank account until I queried it with my bank. I spoke to the fraud department at the bank who gave me details as to who was taking it including a telephone number. They told me to ring them, complain and demand my money back if they refused to do so the bank would take it up.

I rang the number, and SHOPPERDISCOUNTS.C explained that because I had accepted the voucher I had automatically accepted subscribing to them, they must have taken my bank details from the purchase of the software. I demanded a refund of £80.00 which after a lot of messing about came in two stages. Be very careful and read everything when purchasing on the net.

Tel No: number 0808 2341539 demand your money back and close your account.

10th of Jun, 2010

I ave also had £10 deducted from my account, and think it was after purchasing Ryanair tickets. This scam needs to be stopped. How many other people who don't check their accounts are being charged? how much money are they making illegally?
    Thanks for the phone no I will ring tomorrow.

22nd of Jun, 2010
    Shopperdiscounts. C - £10 taken without my consent
    shopperdiscount
    not known
    United Kingdom

on 14th june £10 pound was taken out of my account without my knowledge your ref 165 2874110223 bcc

• Ro
      1st of Jul, 2010
    Shopperdiscounts. C - taking money out of my account!!
    Shopperdiscounts.C

I have been debited 10 pounds a month from Shopperdiscounts.C, how do i stop this and get my money refunded?

• Cr
      12th of Aug, 2010

I Had the same problem. I called the number above and they were happy to cancel my 'memership' and have said they will return. Somehow I managed to get involved in this through National Express! Apparently is legal and that they send emails to confirn all this sh...

Thanks all for your help

• Wi
      12th of Aug, 2010

Wholesale NFL Jerseys------(http://www.dhgate.com/store/myokbuy)

Wholesale MLB Jerseys------(http://www.dhgate.com/store/myokbuy)

Wholesale NHL Jerseys------(http://www.dhgate.com/store/myokbuy)

ACCEPT Paypal ONline STORE

• Vw
      8th of Jan, 2011

I just found out about this con SHOPPERDISCOUNTS.C company, they were taking £10 a month for 17 month from my account.i never recived any vouchers or any discounts, they took my details when i was booking tickets with WIZZAIR aircompany. my bank told me they cant help me, i need to ring and cancel my membership, that is a laugh! I never wanted to be a member for a start.Any way I did it, but no one will give me £170 back!
    THEY ARE SO CLEVER [censor]!!! And no one can stop them! EASY MONEY FOR THEM

• D0
      25th of Mar, 2011

Ive just had the same issues!!! Apparently after purchasing tickets with SEETICKETS.COM i agreed to 30 day trial back in July 2009 and they have been taking £10 a month ever since. Someone needs to put a stop to these con artists!! The companies allowing them to tag their services onto purchases should be ashamed as well ...

• Bl
      26th of Apr, 2011

Same problem with me. £10 a month I think through trainline.com.
    Someone needs to stop these websites sponsering shopperdiscounts.

27th of Apr, 2011

Hello:

We want you to know that we’re here to help you. However, it’s difficult to do that in a public forum when we don’t know who each person is or the details of their membership. We can help you better and resolve your specific queries or concerns if you contact us directly. You can do so by visiting our own online member forum where we can answer your questions. You can find the forum here: http://bit.ly/gy87cg . Once on the site please post a question and our community manager will be able to respond to you directly. Alternatively, for more information about your specific membership you can contact me directly at mary@shopperdiscountsandrewards.co.uk. If you contact me directly, please reference this forum.

Regards,